Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the grass season is coming and this is my first year as a tennis fan.....
so i have no clue whos great on grass (i mean either than henin or sharapova) and who just sucks....

so please tell me who are those people.... it can be anyone in top 100..... thanks...!!!:worship: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
28,161 Posts
Those who are great on Grass

• Maria Sharapova (Wimbledon champ + 2 times semi finalist + 2 time Birmingham winner)
  • Venus & Serena Williams (5 Wimbledon crowns between them + 3 other finals)
  • Justine Henin ( 2 time finalist at Wimbledon + Winner of Eastbourne last year)
  • Amelie Mauresmo (Defending Wimbledon Champion)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those who are great on Grass

• Maria Sharapova
  • Venus & Serena Williams
  • Justine Henin
  • Amelie Mauresmo
can you tell me about players out of the top ten?

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Patty Schnyder is the undisputed queen on grass court tennis. Sure her results don't quite support that claim but we're in bizzaro world this year where Patty wins Wimbledon and Sharapova wins Roland Garros :scared:

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
The hottest players on grass 2007 in order:

Peng
Serena?
Alex Stevenson
Davenport
Navratilova
Bovina
Domachowska
Brie
Henman
Paris Hilton
Viscount Palmerston.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about bammer, safarova, dechy and li?? are thhey good?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and what with bondaenko and kraijcek?

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
1.) Serena
2.) Venus

3.) Sharapova

4.) Mauresmo

5.) Justine

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Tamarine Tanasugarn, Anne Kremer, Ai Sugiyama, Alicia Molik (my pick of a darkhorse for Wimbledon), asian players in general, Samantha Stosur, ROBERTA VINCI, Eleni Daniilidou, Shenay Perry, Kristina Brandi, among others, usually have some decent results when the grass season comes around.

On the other hand, you have Patty Schnyder, Elena Dementieva, latin american players in general, and all clay courters who usually see grass season as an opportunity to take a two week vacation.

·
Registered
12,154 Posts
the grass season is coming and this is my first year as a tennis fan.....
so i have no clue whos great on grass (i mean either than henin or sharapova) and who just sucks....

so please tell me who are those people.... it can be anyone in top 100..... thanks...!!!:worship: :bounce:
Any of the top ranked ladies playing at the French this year is capable of taking the title. I think it's going to be Justine or Sharapova.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I dont know much about Bondarenko, but Krajicek won the Ordina Open last year on grass (beating some great players along the way).

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
The hottest players on grass 2007 in order:

Peng
Serena?
Alex Stevenson
Davenport
Navratilova
Bovina
Domachowska
Brie
Henman
Paris Hilton
Viscount Palmerston.

Sarah Borwell?
Leanne "Wimbledon" Baker?

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
Sharapova, Venus, Serena, Henin, Mauresmo - the top grass contenders. Then Hantuchova and Krajicek I can see as potential darkhorses at Wimbledon to do well. Bammer and Safarova will probably do well, too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Honestly, I think the women really suck on grass. Outside of Venus, Serena, Davenport (when she was around), Justine, Sharapova, and Mauresmo, it seems most of the top women don't find their best form on the surface. I could see Chakvetadze doing well, can't say anything for her results on it but just a hunch. Hingis, of course, if she comes back in time, plays better on fast surfaces.

·
Art & Futures
20,919 Posts
lol @ all the people taking advantage of this opportunity to mess up someone's perception of the game.

but i agree with the portion of the posters who took the thread seriously! mauresmo, venus, serena, sharapova, & henin are all grass threats.

it's hard though, because grass is such a short season, you really don't have much space to prove yourself. so players who have recently just started playing REALLY well, like jankovic & ivanovic, might start to tear up the turf as well. we won't know till we get there in a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey: :hearts:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
The Williams sisters, Henin, Sharapova and Mauresmo are the ones that come up in my mind but also Jankovic could become a great grass court player like she became a very good clay courter this year.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts