Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who is going to Wimbledon and Roehampton this year. I know I can't wait, I'm looking forward to it even more than usual. :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,792 Posts
The qualies and the first week are the best time to go. :yeah:
That's why I'd pick them :cool:

Even if qualies are a bitch to get to :lol:

If anyone can suggest cheap (and I mean cheap :p) accommodation in/near Roehampton, I'd be eternally grateful :D

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
try one of the company's that do housing?

i went to the first 4 days in 2005 with a company called 'holiday hosts london'. i stayed with a family who lived just round the corner from the tube station and it was only something like £25-30 a night for a single room. They were an old couple originally from Poland and they made me breakfast and a cup of tea when i got back at night! (i was 19 so i think i got special treatment ;))

They can probably get you somewhere closer to roehapmton, but then if your near a tube station in the wimbledon area it doesnt really matter.

Here is there website :)

http://www.holidayhosts.free-online.co.uk/index.html

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
The qualies and the first week are the best time to go. :yeah:

i usually go for both weeks
2nd week watching juniors :wavey:

not sure about my plans for this yr as yet....... saving up after my 4 week holiday

·
64,792 Posts

i went to the first 4 days in 2005 with a company called 'holiday hosts london'. i stayed with a family who lived just round the corner from the tube station and it was only something like £25-30 a night for a single room. They were an old couple originally from Poland and they made me breakfast and a cup of tea when i got back at night! (i was 19 so i think i got special treatment ;))

They can probably get you somewhere closer to roehapmton, but then if your near a tube station in the wimbledon area it doesnt really matter.

Hope that helps

·
35,630 Posts
I am going :bounce: :worship:

Going to qualies for sure. Then going for a few days of main draw the first week. Maybe i'll end up going for one day the second week on the grounds to check the juniors, though probably no canucks will play.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
CD you are doing the rounds this year!! Quebec, Charlottesville and now Wimbledon!!! I couldnt even make it 5 minutes down the road for the edinburgh 10k lol!

have fun guys! was hoping to make qualies but am graduation from university instead!! :p

·
64,792 Posts
CD you are doing the rounds this year!! Quebec, Charlottesville and now Wimbledon!!! I couldnt even make it 5 minutes down the road for the edinburgh 10k lol!

have fun guys! was hoping to make qualies but am graduation from university instead!! :p
CD tours the world for tennis ;) Almost like a true pro :angel:

·
64,792 Posts

Hope that helps
I contacted them and hope they can make me a good offer :D If they find anything near Roehampton for 20-25 pounds, I will definitely take it.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
it looks like i'll be going after all ;) :yeah:

got myself a £13 train ticket down to London from Leeds :yeah:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
hey boiledegg, you are in my neck of the woods near lovely leeds.
I am going the first maybe 4 days. It pisses me off so much, i hate that queue.
Has anyone figured out if the queues are smaller from one end? i always go for the southfields tube station one, round the field onto the road....

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I'll go to the 3rd or 4th round they are the best days for tennis

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
i will be goin for the first time this year, wht is the best way to get in wimbledon and fast?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts