Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully with all things going well at time
i'm hoping to go from Qualies to Wed. :angel: :wavey:

gonna miss the crepe van ........... pls take it to Nottingham if event moves there.

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i'm based in UK

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
I'm defintely going to the qualifying, and hopefully the monday and tuesday. But contemplating getting a whole weeks pass as it's the last ever event here :sad::fiery::fiery:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'm going Thursday to Sunday, first tournament so can't wait:bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you want tickets dont ring the 0844 number it costs a bomb

0121 7804141 will get you direct to the Birmingham ticket line.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,960 Posts
i have booked tickets for quarter-finals day? does that mean i get to watch all 4 matches?
The singles quarter-finals are usually played back to back on Centre Court on the Friday - although the English weather may have something to say about that! :rain:

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
:wavey:

Do you have to pay for quallies, or is it free? I don't see any costs on their website for it. :unsure: Also, is it better to pre book?

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
qualies is free

yes its better to pre-book but
probably all best seats have gone, you can still pay at gate.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Well I only decided to go last week. :p Good that quallies are free (they are at the same venue I assume)?. ;) I don't know what days of MD I'll go to anyway so I'll probably just buy at the gate. ;) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes its at same venue

you'll be seeing Mr Bean and Mr Clappy then :lol:

you coming over from NED or are you now another Aussie in UK, surely not coming for the cricket :spit:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm thinking of going to the tourney for the first time, could anyone answer these questions if possible please? :awww:

1) I was thinking of going on Sunday for qualies...would main draw players be there practicing as well?

2) Is there anywhere to park around the venue? Do you know the price?

3) I found this site ---> https://www.theticketfactory.com which apparently is selling tickets for Monday....it's only £15 for a ticket? Seems surprisingly cheap :lol: that's for the main court I presume? And it allows you to go on outside courts, right?

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
yes its at same venue

you'll be seeing Mr Bean and Mr Clappy then :lol:

you coming over from NED or are you now another Aussie in UK, surely not coming for the cricket :spit:
I'm moving to NL (in 1 week). That was always my first preference. ;) So I'm coming over from NL....2ce in the month, coz I'll go to Wimby too! :lol:

Ahh yes, the famous Mr. Bean! Don't believe I read about Mr. Clappy though.... or maybe I just forgot. ;)

Hmm I don't really watch test match cricket so much - it's too long. I like one dayers or Twenty20. ;)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
I'm thinking of going to the tourney for the first time, could anyone answer these questions if possible please? :awww:

1) I was thinking of going on Sunday for qualies...would main draw players be there practicing as well?

2) Is there anywhere to park around the venue? Do you know the price?

3) I found this site ---> https://www.theticketfactory.com which apparently is selling tickets for Monday....it's only £15 for a ticket? Seems surprisingly cheap :lol: that's for the main court I presume? And it allows you to go on outside courts, right?

On the Birmingham website it says where there is a car park nearby, and that it costs 10pounds a day. (It was in the how to get there section, which I'm still trying to figure out how to do by bus). :lol:

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
bus is just outside the New St Station (can get it from Navigation St or Corporation St), have to go thru Pallisades mall

catch the 61, 62, or 63 and get off at Sir Harry's Road, cross over to other side and walk up about 200m to club

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...m,+B_15&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

when you get the bus, best to get the day saver, cos if its rainy you can always go down to the city centre, and get back if it stops without paying extra. (journey there and back = price of day saver)

Birmingham city centre MAP

http://www.aue.ac.uk/files/images/LocationmapofBirminghamcitycentre.pdf

·
Premium Member
181,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
adeegee

not sure about parking on Q days, other days you have to pay for it, Q days there's hardly anyone there.

and maindraw players will be there practising on the weekend :wavey:

yes you can watch outside courts :lol: i spend most of my time there.

·
What's this?
14,651 Posts
I might go on the Wednesday. It all depends if I have to do purgatory at work cos I'm at Queen's on the Monday! :lol:

Hope there's no rain this year :fiery:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts