Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'd just like to know how many of you here are going to the JP Morgan Chase Open Tourney from 4-10 august??? it's located on the campus of california state university at the home depot center, carson....

and in addition to this, please do let me know if any of you lives near 'torrance' in LA?

please please please post if you're coming!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I am going as I did last year.
I used to live in torrance on Artesia Blvd., but am now near Hollywood.

Hmm, I was at the last year of the old location and will be at the first year of the new location in Carson.
Hopefully SERENA will play and win. :)

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow TeeRex :p i'm prolly going to the tourney this year and i will be flying to LA if my mum lets me... chances are 70%.... if i do get to LA, i'll be staying at palos verdes ranches (somethin like that).... is it far to drive from hollywood to torrance? in other words, is it possible that u pick me up :angel:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I think that you mean Rancho Palos Verdes, a location south of Torrance, maybe 20-30 traffic filled minutes from Cal State Dominguez. :)

There are a few hotels in Carson, near the college, as well.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well first of all, i can't stay in the hotels or even anywhere near the campus.... i'm stayin with a friend who lives in yeah Rancho Palos Verdes but she won't be able to come with me on weekdays coz she has to go to UCR to attend her summer school... so i was thinking if someone here on this board would be kind enough to pick me up on weekdays :p :angel: it's great to hear that the location is only 20-30 mins away from Rancho Palos Verdes... i wouldn't mind taking a bus, if possible, but i doubt i'll be allowed to do that coz i'm only 16 and my friend said that it's her mum's responsibility to not let me travel alone.... soo yeah... lol

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is anyone else going other than teerex and myself?

·
Banned
149 Posts
Im going.I will be wearing my Ally Baker Fan-Club T-shirt which I invented myself. :wavey: :D

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I had thought about going, but don't think I'm going to afford it. I'd really like to go see MONICA play in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I will be there too!
Manhattan Beach was much closer to me... but the stadium at Dominguez Hills will look great tho I kinda liked the atomosphere of Manhattan Beach (close to the players there...).
I went to check the campus a few weeks ago... still under construction... the soccer stadium next to it looks good too.

Ah, it's near IKEA!! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I might be going if I can find a job during summer. But I don't have a car so don't think I can help. I only hope my roommate will be kind enough to come with me.

I might attend semis and finals.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AllyBakerFanClub, ExHopman and Tratree, do u guys live near Torrance? :D

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well what about AllyBakerfanclub and Exhopman???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts