7. Collins
8. Halep
9. Rybakina
10. Raducanu

·
Premium Member
76,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
If you like popularity contests and want to vote for your fave, you have a chance now.

Most important things about PYW:
  • PYW is a popularity contest so you vote for a player you WANT to win the match, not who you think will win (like tipping games).
  • one game = one vote.
  • real draw for R1, then continue with whoever advances.
  • PYW will be back next season with WTA tournaments (incl Finals and WTA Elite Trophy) + Grand Slams.

You can vote in BJK Cup now and you also can be notified if you like this game and want to become a regular voter (any member can vote, this game is for everyone).

Here is a link to current tournament, you can easily find out how it works

We also have rankings so you can see how popular your fave is and maybe spoil her rankings neighbours to jump over her by voting for their opponents :)

There is some other stuff in PYW forum if you are interested

We will be happy if you join us as we still need some regular voters and also new voters to keep the game as fun and unpredictable as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Raducanu
2. Ostapenko
3. Osaka
4. Muguruza
5. V. Williams
6. Kontaveit
7. Badosa
8. Gauff
9. Swiatek
10. Wang Xinyu

Dislikes:
1. Andreescu
2. Hseih Su-wei
3. Fernandez
4. S. Williams
5. Sabalenka
6. SST
7. Krejcikova

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
1. Lena Vesnina
. A no brainer obviously. I mean how many players beat Djokovic in 2021?? Lena came back like she was never away. Looked the same and sounded the same on court. Looked the same and sounded the same off court too.:love: And still even, er, somewhat inconsistent in Big Finals.Only question is will she be eligible for this list next season.My gut feeling is no, but then never thought she would be back in the first place!

2. Pavly Pavlyuchenkova. I always believed Nastia would play in a GS Final in Melbourne some day.
But she clearly thought that would be a bit predictable so went for Paris instead.:)

3.Petra Kvitova. Disappointing season for Petra and a slightly depressing one honestly. Always has had shit matches of course. But simply doesn't seem to have the stamina to be P3tra anymore and turn things round.:(

4. Ana Konjuh. Watched most of Ana's matches this season.And some were pretty bad.:LOL:
But she never ever stopped battling on and in the end of course moved her ranking up about 3 millions places.:love: The serve may now always be a struggle sadly but when she is firing she can still make her opponents look like amateurs. Which brings us to

5. Aljona Ostapenko. Surely the most misunderstood player in tennis. Always considering others, she even helped make Ajla Tomljanović relevant (well for about 48 hours but it's the thought that counts). Last player to win back to back Eastbourne titles was Henin. As with all things Aljona you are aware it probably won't happen, but there is always the danger it could. Which is maybe why her critics often sound so wound up. :p

6. Maddie Keys. Maddie's season have always been up and down. But last year was all downs. And this year was even worse........:( :(

7. Elena Rybakina. Felt a touch disappointed with the season of Lena the Taller which on the face of it is a bit strange. No. 14 in the world. RG QF. 4th round on your Wimbledon debut. But at times I felt just lacking bit of aggression/killer instinct. But needless to say still totally in love.:love::love: :love:

8. Zarina Diyas. Reaching the third round of the AO once more turned out to be about as good as it got for Z.:( Got injured at the start of grass season AGAIN.:mad:When one of the highlights of your season is beating Heva at RG it's fair to say it probably hasn't been a great year.....

9.<New Entry> Babsie Bara Barbora Krejčíková. Some people on TF find Babs and Ash Barty dull. Even as a confirmed fan of more than a bit of bashing I don't get it in either case. I always find it fascinating watching them on court And while neither would actively seek the limelight I find them both pretty interesting to listen to off court too. Anyway Bara makes my list for her continuing commitment in these Dark Days For Doubles.Hope she sticks with it...

10. Dasha Kasatkina. Last place was toss up between DashKa and Anett but suspect Anett will get plenty of admirers this year. :love:
Anyway bit of a turnaround this season for DashKa. Won the Phillip Island Trophy (plus a stuffed penguin - no expense spared by TA).Won St Pete's (against admittedly a seemingly entirely Russian field which isn't the challenge it once was). Got to the final in Brum with some very nice grasscourt tennis. :) Though if I found Lena the Taller a bit passive you can imagine the effect watching DashKa sometimes has on my blood pressure.:LOL: But I've always liked Carlos as a coach, so I hope they can continue to make progress.....

Dislike
1..Kiki Mladenovic
. Pleasantly irrelevant.:)
2.Laura Siegemund see above!
3. BMS See above and above!!
4. Coco Vanderwhere See above and above and above!!! In some ways it's been a very good season.:p
5. <New Entry> Danielle Collins.Since Woz has retired (thank Christ) I had to find a 5th player for my list. DRC makes it for her God awful stroppiness in every match I saw her play. Not even occasionally amusing stroppy like Poots or Penko. Plus I'm still bitter about that AO QF.

·
Registered
Raducanu 🇬🇧, Djokovic 🇷🇸
179 Posts

1. Raducanu
2. Muguruza
3. Petra
4. Andreescu
5. Barty
6. Badosa

🥴
-Osaka, she used to be my favorite a couple of years ago.
-Fernandez (her loud crew & the cheer of the UE)
-Williams S.
-Bouchard
-Vika

·
Registered
927 Posts
It was more difficult than I thought to select only 10 players I like !!

Like :)
1- Garbiñe Muguruza
2- Belinda Bencic
3- Iga Swiatek
4- Elena Rybakina
5- Amanda Anisimova
6- Petra Kvitova
7- Marta Kostyuk
8- Donna Vekic
9- Marketa Vondrousova
10- Ana Konjuh

Dislike :cautious:
1- Barbora Krejcikova
2- Dayana Yastremska
3- Jelena Ostapenko
4- Anastasia Potapova
5- Kristina Mladenovic
6- Laura Siegemund
7- Coco Vandeweghe
8- Emma Raducanu
9- Naomi Osaka
10- Bianca Andreescu
I would love these last three to show me they don't belong to this list next season though.

·
Registered
18,332 Posts
Like :

10 pts : BARTY Ashleigh
9 pts : KERBER Angelique
8 pts : HSIEH Su-Wei
7 pts : PLISKOVA Karolina
6 pts : KREJCIKOVA Barbora
5 pts : KVITOVA Petra
4 pts : STEPHENS Sloane
3 pts : DIATCHENKO Vitalia
2 pts : SINIAKOVA Katerina
1 pt : COLLINS Danielle

Dislike :

10 pts: WILLIAMS Serena
9 pts : WILLIAMS Venus
8 pts : RADUCANU Emma
7 pts : JABEUR Ons
6 pts : FERNANDEZ Leylah
5 pts : GAUFF Cori
4 pts : OSAKA Naomi
3 pts : OSTAPENKO Jelena
2 pts : TAUSON Clara
1 pt : SAKKARI Maria

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If you like popularity contests and want to vote for your fave, you have a chance now.

Most important things about PYW:
  • PYW is a popularity contest so you vote for a player you WANT to win the match, not who you think will win (like tipping games).
  • one game = one vote.
  • real draw for R1, then continue with whoever advances.
  • PYW will be back next season with WTA tournaments (incl Finals and WTA Elite Trophy) + Grand Slams.

You can vote in BJK Cup now and you also can be notified if you like this game and want to become a regular voter (any member can vote, this game is for everyone).

Here is a link to current tournament, you can easily find out how it works

We also have rankings so you can see how popular your fave is and maybe spoil her rankings neighbours to jump over her by voting for their opponents :)

There is some other stuff in PYW forum if you are interested

We will be happy if you join us as we still need some regular voters and also new voters to keep the game as fun and unpredictable as possible.
sexysova that means you continuing the PYW game

Reactions: Sexysova

·
Registered
535 Posts
Like:
1. Halep 👑
2. Jabeur
3. Stephens
4. Kerber
5. Bencic (The Swiss trio👩‍👧‍👧 intrigues me- distinguished playing styles and great interpersonal dynamics. I'd be interested in watching any two of them pair up for doubles.)
6. Golubic
7. Teichmann
8. Muchova
9. Barty
10. Kostyuk

Honorable mentions: Sabalenka, Pavlyuchenkova, Alexandrova, Potapova, Rybakina, Badosa, Cornet, Fernandes, Pegula, Cirstea, Cristian

Dislike:
1. Osaka
2. Krejcikova
3. Rogers
4. Ostapenko
5. Harmony Tan
6. A. Rus
7. Zheng SS
8. Tig

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Like:
Hsieh
Giorgi
Cornet
Fernandez
Collins
Krejikova
Barty
Badosa
Pegula
Tomljanovic (though for reasons I can not state on a family oriented forum:censored:

Dislikes:
Putintsva
Gauff
Martic
Sorribes Tormo
S. Williams
Tauson
Rus
Garcia
Pera
Vekic

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
1. Kvitova - always my fave, without her i would not ever started to watch tennis, love her attitude towards life and behaviour on court, tennis wise, yes, the shitra appearance are more frequent now but I don't care, let her play, she is still able to have a title in every year despite not having great season, also when she is on she just plays amazing tennis (
<3)
2. Vondrousova - love her from juniors, her ability to cut through field, she has amazing talent but as usual her head goes in her way in important matches

3. Siniakova :)
4. Garcia - has become a bit of hell to support her but she will bounce back, I trust her!

5. Keys - I am sorry I just enjoys her bashing way of tennis (and her smile)
6. Krejcikova - can win even when not on, humble and intelligent as a bonus
7. Barty - clearly the best player right now + great personality

8. Halep - One of my oldes faves, I would put her higher, but she did not play that much this year

9. Noskova - for me the true star talent and hope of czech tennis
10. Bouzkova - she is fighter and sweet person

Dislikes:

1. Mladenovich - as was nicely put, glad she is irrelevant now

2. Osaka - funny she was my fave until this year, she became so full of yourself, trying the take out what make her famous in the first place, her tennis on hard is still top

3. Vandeweghe - don't like her on and off court attitude
4. Yastremska - the strange and mysterious
5. Mattek-Sands - the strange and mysterious
6. Sigemund - don't like her on court attitude
7. Putintseva - don't like her on court attitude
8. Muguruza - don't like her on court attitude

9. Sorribes Tormo - two reason, that animal sound and that tennis, otherwise seems lovely and hardworking person
10. Niculescu - purely on tennis, seems great person

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

·
Art & Futures
23,273 Posts
my current top 9

Serena Williams - legend
Venus Williams - legend, soon retiring
Shuai Zhang - fighter, underrated, a little rebellious
Danielle Collins - extreme fighter, screamer
Su-Wei Hsieh - super crafty and funny
Zarina Diyas - simple un assuming grinder