Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Well totally weird season but season but thanks to all the ladies who made the effort to keep us entertained.:)
The likes of Aryna and Elise were playing right until the end.
Though obviously a player who produces the sort of consistent level of results Elise does could never appear on my Favourites list.:p

1.Petra Kvitova: Solid enough season for Petra and a RG semi-final isn't to be sniffed at. Not many chances left though.
2. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. Arguably the player on tour least affected by the pandemic as Pavly often takes an 8 month break mid season. Unfortunately this year the end of season was also shit.
3.Alona Ostapenko. Penko suffered from an absence of grass season.And also from being an inconsistent headcase. Taking the Bot apart was possibly my highlight of 2020 though.
4.Madison Keys.Thought a player injured as often as Maddie might cope OK with the stop-start year.But wasn't to be. And of course she got injured again. Meh.
5. Ana Konjuh. The best news of a very shitty tennis season - Ana is back bashing balls again.:love: Everything is crossed!!!
6. Elena Rybakina. Very happy to be able to cheer on another Lena on tour once again! (doubles game still needs a bit of work though).
7.Naomi Osaka. Naomi was increasingly impressive off court and still lethal on it.Could be a contender at every hardcourt Slam as long as she is interested.
8.Zarina Diyas: Zarina started the season really well, so at that point a season destroying pandemic was probably inevitable.
9 Aryna Sabalenka. Very impressive end to the year for Sabs. Needs to do it at a Slam now!
10. Daria Kasatkina. Dasha plays a pretty different game to the players I would usually support so maybe I detected early on she was Headcase... What the future hold is anyone's guess at this point.

As always struggle to find 5 players to actively dislike though there are a few traditional favourites.....

1.Kiki Mladenovic. Kiki recovered from being wrongfully imprisoned in a NY hotel room to win the RG doubles title in arguably the greatest sporting comeback since Nikki Lauda. Except nobody cared.Peasants.
2 Laura Siegemund. Laz played doubles with Bepa this year.It's incredibly stressful praying one half of a doubles teams wins and the other half loses.:LOL:
3. Woz makes the list courtesy of playing the AO. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.
4.BMS: I don't at all mind watching Bethanie on court.Unfortunately this season a lot of time was spent off court.:rolleyes:
5.Coco Vanderwhere? Is Coco still active? I'll vote for her anyway for old times sake.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
+10 Kvitova
+9 Ostapenko
+8 Pironkova
+7 Martic
+6 Hsieh
+5 Kerber
+4 Cornet
+3 Strycova
+2 Vekic
+1 Tig

-10 Errani
-9 Azarenka
-8 S Wiliams
-7 Halep
-6 Bouchard
-5 Osaka

·
Stanning for Andi
20,802 Posts
As always struggle to find 5 players to actively dislike though there are a few traditional favourites.....

1.Kiki Mladenovic. Kiki recovered from being wrongfully imprisoned in a NY hotel room to win the RG doubles title in arguably the greatest sporting comeback since Nikki Lauda. Except nobody cared.Peasants.
2 Laura Siegemund. Laz played doubles with Bepa this year.It's incredibly stressful praying one half of a doubles teams wins and the other half loses.:LOL:
3. Woz makes the list courtesy of playing the AO. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.
4.BMS: I don't at all mind watching Bethanie on court.Unfortunately this season a lot of time was spent off court.:rolleyes:
5.Coco Vanderwhere? Is Coco still active? I'll vote for her anyway for old times sake.
I've always liked Mattek-Sands but I've somehow found her rather grating this year, probably because she's been so ubiquitous!

·
La nuit je mens
87,534 Posts
Favourites

1. Kim Clijsters
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Simona Halep
4. Angelique Kerber
5. Caroline Garcia
6. Bianca Andreescu
7. Garbine Muguruza
8. Clara Burel
9. Fiona Ferro
10. Naomi Osaka

Dislikes

1. Elina Svitolina
2. Kristina Mladenovic
3. Serena Williams
4. Aryna Sabalenka
5. Bethanie Mattek Sands
6. Dayana Yastremska
7. Belinda Bencic
8. Karolina Pliskova
9. Timea Babos
10. Sofia Kenin

·
Registered
384 Posts
Like:
1. Pironkova
2. Kvitova
3. Hsieh
4. Brady
5. Peterson
6. Halep
7. Svitolina
8. Jabeur
9. Eala
10. Babos

Dislike:
1. Osaka
2. Siegemund
3. Barty
4. Paquet
5. Konta
6. Lepchenko
7. Fernandez
8. Mertens
9. Ferro
10. Krejcikova

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Like:
1. Halep
2. Azarenka
3. Swiatek
4. Venus Williams
5. Kvitova
6. Rybakina
7. Pironkova
8. Hsieh
9. Brady
10. Jabeur

Dislike:
1. Errani
2. Siegemund
3. Mladenovic
4. Sabalenka
5. Yastremska
6. Kenin
7. Saisai Zheng
8. Putintseva
9. Ostapenko
10. Sorribes Tormo

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
+
1. iga swiatek
2. kim clijsters
3. ons jabeur
4. su wei hsieh
5. petra kvitova
6. maja chwalińska
7. taylor townsend
8. naomi osaka
9. jelena ostapenko
10. magda linette
honorable: yulia putintseva, caty mcnally, robin montgomery, karolina muchova, sachia vickery, monica niculescu, tereza martincova, alison van uytvanck

-
1. bethanie mattek sands
2, dayana yastremska
3. elina svitolina
4. caroline wozniacki
5. timea babos
6. eugenie bouchard
7. karolina pliskova
8. elise mertens
9. kiki berdens
10. donna vekic

·
Trainwreck
58,561 Posts
I think for the first time since 09 I won't be posting a list :(. Just haven't watched enough tennis, and I'm certainly not interested in crowdless events. They're just not the same. I look forward to the results still :).

·
Registered
52,820 Posts
+
Srebotnik
Serena
Puig
Jabeur
Hercog
Garcia
Muguruza
Suarez Navarro
Sakkari
Sharma

-

Yastremska
Ostapenko
Siniakova
Sabalenka
Siegemund
Kasatkina

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

1. Kerber
2. Petkovic
3. Goerges
4. Osaka
5. Kvitova
6. Venus Williams
7. Townsend
8. Siegemund
9. Stosur
10. Korpatsch

Dislike

1. Errani
2. Vandeweghe
3. Mattek-Sands
4. Niculescu
5. Bouchard
6. Putintseva
7. Babos
8. Swiatek
9. Andreescu
10. Begu

·
Registered
696 Posts
Favourite
1. Venus Williams
2. Hsieh Su-wei
3. Serena Williams
4. Petra Kvitova
5. Naomi Osaka
6. Zhang Shuai
7. Kim Clijsters
8. Tsvetana Pironkova
9. Sabine Lisicki
10. Maria Sharapova

Dislike
1. Caroline Wozniacki
2. Elina Svitolina
3. Sofia Kenin
4. Angelique Kerber
5. Garbine Muruguza
6. Aryna Sabalenka
7. Danielle Collins
8. Laura Siegemund
9. Jennifer Brady
10. Victoria Azarenka

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Dislike
8. Swiatek
:eek: Seriously, that's the first dislike that I've seen for Iga in these lists - EVER! Surely smashing her racquet in the match against Vickery in New York can't have been enough by itself (because that's the only bad behaviour I can remember about her season), so why? I'm really curious!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

1. Kerber
  2. Kvitova
  3. Barty
  4. Venus
  5. Serena
  6. KaPliskova
  7. Osaka
  8. Swiatek
  9. Petkovic
  10. Goerges

1. Yastremska - her gamesmanship, attention-seeking, opportunistic behaviour irritates me more than any other WTA player
  2. Andreescu - for all those "will she, won't she play" questions in a year full of more important questions
  3. Sharapova - the last time we'll be able to nominate her in these lists :p
  4. Collins
  5. Siegemund
  6. Mattek-Sands

·
Banned
487 Posts
:eek: Seriously, that's the first dislike that I've seen for Iga in these lists - EVER! Surely smashing her racquet in the match against Vickery in New York can't have been enough by itself (because that's the only bad behaviour I can remember about her season), so why? I'm really curious!
No personality and awkward.

·
Kookie Supporter
67,381 Posts
Like:

1. Halep
2. Barty
3. Kvitova
4. Krunic
5. Seguel
6. Osaka
7. Bouzkova
8. Azarenka
9. Govortsova
10. Ferro

Not my faves:
1. Siegemund
2. Yastremska
3. Bertens
4. Errani
5. Kerber
6. Putintseva
7. Ostapenko
8. Giorgi
9. Mladenovic
10. Bonaventure

·
Registered
32,811 Posts
Every player garners haters eventually, it's a Law of the Universe.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Like:
1. Świątek
2. Pavlyuchenkova
3. Osaka
4. Linette
5. Muguruza
6. Kerber
7. Bouchard
8. Mladenovic