Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Name one, or better, name more Bertens' MTO in 2020.....Against Errani it was a short cramp treatment during changeover, and the real dramatics came after the match was done. Against Ostapenko she just quit. I might overlook something but I can't remember a MTO in the real sense of the word(s)...
I was thinking Ostapenko, because I thought she got treatment first. However, if she didn't, OK.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
2020 really made me dislike a lot of players. Maybe because of the reduced schedule, I had to watch some more players I normally don't follow. My list has become very long.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Love these threads. Not defending anyone, nor going through all the lists, but:

Name one, or better, name more Bertens' MTO in 2020.....Against Errani it was a short cramp treatment during changeover, and the real dramatics came after the match was done. Against Ostapenko she just quit. I might overlook something but I can't remember a MTO in the real sense of the word(s)...

And as for limiting grudges to this year only, I have seen Sharapova come by being disliked for doping (!)
Doesn't change the fact that Bertens is a vulture.

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Like:
1. Kaja Juvan
2. Su-Wei Hsieh
3. Naomi Osaka
4. Polona Hercog
5. Petra Kvitova
6. Angelique Kerber
7. Barbora Strycova
8. Dalila Jakupović
9. Samantha Stosur
10. Ashleigh Barty

Dislike
1. Sara Errani
2. Caroline Wozniacki
3. Patricia Maria Tig
4. Yulia Putintseva
5. Dayana Yastremska
6. Kristina Mladenovic
7. Ysaline Bonaventure
8. Lin Zhu
9. Cori Gauff
10. Elise Mertens

·
Registered
982 Posts
Love these threads. Not defending anyone, nor going through all the lists, but:

And as for limiting grudges to this year only, I have seen Sharapova come by being disliked for doping (!)
The best Dutch player ever is Richard !

But youre right about Errani , she is impossible . Kiki has never faked a injury, everybody saw she has cramps . Errani is the nr 1 disliked player.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
1. Naomi Osaka
2. Tsvetana Pironkova
3. Madison Brengle
4. Hsieh Su-wei
5. Wang Xinyu
6. Garbine Muguruza
7. Angelique Kerber
8. Serena Williams
9. Iga Swiatek
10. Kristie Ahn

Indifferent to dislike
1. Kristina Mladenovic
2. Sara Errani
3. Dayana Yastremska
4. Laura Siegmund
5. Johanna Konta

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Liked
1. Barty
2. Kvitova
3. Swiatek
4. Pironkova
5. Jabeur
6. Muchova
7. Teichmann
8. Juvan
9. Vondrousova
10. Ferro

Disliked
1. Yastremska (we could just stop the list here)
2. Collins
3. Hercog
4. Mladenovic
5. Konta
6. Stephens
7. Cornet
8. Cirstea
9. Tig
10. Pegula

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I am so sick of reading this shit. She had ONE injury leading to an MTO in the WHOLE YEAR - ONE!!! And everyone who saw what happened knows that it was genuine.

Your "greatest Dutch player ever" had more, but you don't call her a cheater - even though so many people on this forum called her out for what happened against Errani. I didn't see that match, so I won't comment, but you could at least try to be consistent. I've got no problem with you disliking Yastremska but, if you're going to make comments, try to make them accurate.
Cool it mate. She is widely known on TF as an MTO cheat for the very good reason that she pulled the trick of taking one after falling behind in 3-set matches. I didn't keep track how many there were this year but she has done it enough in the recent past. And until she changes you're gonna keep reading this shit.

Kiki didn't take an MTO against Errani and she doesn't have a history of dirty tricks. Btw, Kiki just had surgery on her injury and will be out for months, so great example you picked there. Also it's not about taking MTO's but about taking them for the sake of distracting your opponent.

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like :

1. Naomi Osaka
2. Petra Kvitova

3. Angelique Kerber
4. Madison Keys
5. Kiki Bertens
6. Sofia Kenin
7. Jelena Ostapenko
8. Ashleigh Barty
9. Daria Kasatkina
10. Elina Svitolina

Dislike :

1. Kristina Mladenovic
2. Danielle Collins
3. Sara Errani
4. Karolina Pliskova
5. Johanna Konta

·
Registered
261 Posts
Like:
1. Cornet
2. Świątek
3. Kawa
4. Venus
5. Petkovic
6. Riske
7. Linette
8. Stephens
9. Cirstea
10. Kerber

Dislike:
1. Yastremska
2. Barty
3. Mertens
4. Bertens
5. Sakkari
6. Putintseva
7. Rybakina
8. Kenin
9. Svitolina
10. Pironkova

·
Registered
384 Posts
Like:

1. Sabalenka
2. Kvitova
3. Sharapova
4. Zvonareva
5. Azarenka
6. Kasatkina
7. Jabeur
8. Halep
9. Pironkova
10. Trevisan

Dislike:

1. Osaka
2. Cornet
3. Harmony Tan
4. Garcia
5. Mertens
6. Cirstea
7. Sherif
8. Konta
9. Schoofs
10, Aiava

·
Registered
32,215 Posts
I am so sick of reading this shit. She had ONE injury leading to an MTO in the WHOLE YEAR - ONE!!! And everyone who saw what happened knows that it was genuine.

Your "greatest Dutch player ever" had more, but you don't call her a cheater - even though so many people on this forum called her out for what happened against Errani. I didn't see that match, so I won't comment, but you could at least try to be consistent. I've got no problem with you disliking Yastremska but, if you're going to make comments, try to make them accurate.
She took at least two, because this happened in Brisbane and she took another one in Cincinnati. Plus the tweet speaks for itself.

Reactions: GAGirl

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
:love:
1. Karolina Pliskova
2. Kristyna Pliskova
3. Andrea Petkovic
4. Iga Swiatek
5. Marketa Vondrousova
6. Naomi Broady
7. Kaja Juvan
8. Ana Konjuh
9. Leylah Fernandez
10. Nicole Melichar

:cautious:
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Serena Williams
3. Eugenie Bouchard
4. Laura Siegemund
5. Sara Errani
6. Sofia Kenin
7. Dayana Yastremska
8. Caroline Garcia
9. Kristina Mladenovic
10. Sloane Stephens

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Faves

1) Victoria Azarenka
2) Venus Williams
3) Naomi Osaka
4) Petra Kvitova
5) Ana Konjuh
6) Kaia Kanepi
7) Marketa Voundrusova
8) Garbine Muguruza
9) Iga Swiatek
10) Karolina Muchova

Not faves

1) Sara Errani
2) Maria Sharapova
3) Coco Vandeweghe
4) Eugenie Bouchard
5) Chan Hao-ching
6) Angelique Kerber
7) Simona Halep
8) Caroline Wozniacki
9) Dayana Yastremska
10) Johanna Konta

·
Registered
12,698 Posts
1. Muchova
2. Hsieh
3. Ferro
4. Barty
5. Jabeur
6. Trevisan
7. Jakupovic
8. Errani
9. Kenin
10. Venus

Dislike
1. Tig
2. Sabalenka
3. Rogers
4. Halep
5. Bonaventure
6. Stephens
7. Halep
8. Strycova
9. Svitolina
10. Konta

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
A lot of the same players as last year, even if the order is a bit different.

Like:

1. Iga Swiatek - amazing talent; equally wonderful personality. Was my number one last year and there's no reason to change now that she's a Grand Slam champion. Losing to Rus in Rome may actually have been a blessing in disguise.
2. Maja Chwalinska - injury wrecked her post-lockdown season after a really promising start in the Prague 125K.
3. Kristyna Pliskova - still the most effortless, beautiful serve in women's tennis. Wonderful tournament in Prague, winning the doubles and reaching the semi-final in singles. Served the quickest game I've ever seen (51 seconds from start to finish) against Mertens in that match.
4. Sofia Kenin - I've always been a fan, but her efforts in the Australian and French Opens cemented that. Doesn't have much competition in the "mentally toughest" stakes.
5. Camila Giorgi - some really good wins after the resumption. Absolutely mesmerising to watch when on song.
6. Karolina Pliskova - a mixed year, and got a much tougher draw in the majors than anybody else.
7. Dayana Yastremska - not nearly as good a year as I had hoped, but at least she dumped Bajin as coach.
8. Ash Barty - I don't care that she didn't play after lockdown. If she thinks her health is more important than gadding around the world just to play a game, and the rules allow her to keep her points, more power to her.
9. Margarita Gasparyan - so beautiful to watch when on song, but STILL physically fragile! For me, the best-looking backhand in women's tennis now that Carla Suarez Navarro has retired, and a completely untouchable weapon if she gets it right.
10. Elina Svitolina - I get why a lot of people dislike her game, but to me she's similar to Barty in that she's a quiet achiever - no fuss, no drama. Great win in Strasbourg, but the rest of her season was mixed, to say the least.

Dislike:

1. Serena Williams - I don't care how well she's playing (or not), or about her loving attitude to her fellow players. She dissed my home town tournament the first time she played in Auckland, even if she behaved better this year, and she has treated too many court officials like shit.
2. Sloane Stephens - her attitude this year has to have been the worst I've ever seen for a so-called top player. Her only win before lockdown was against world number 497 Emma Navarro - and she nearly lost that one as well. It makes me wonder more and more how on earth she was able to win the US Open. Not impressed.
3. Amanda Anisimova - overhyped, and got taken apart by Yastremska in Rome before making some highly inappropriate and derogatory comments after the match. Totally classless.
4. Sara Sorribes Tormo - should be banned just for that horrible noise she makes on every shot.
5. Natalija Kostic - I had never watched her before the French Open, and only did because I heard screaming when watching a match on another court and wondered who was being tortured. Prime candidate to take over the title of "loudest and worst noisemaker EVER" from Michelle Larcher de Brito.
6. Ysaline Bonaventure - has such a short fuse that her hair should be coloured bright red as a warning to keep out of her way. No obvious improvement since last year.
7. Donna Vekic - I used to be a fan, but her behaviour in Palermo (following on from the Adria tour) was the epitome of selfishness and lack of respect for her fellow players and for those people trying their best to organise the first tournament after the resumption. Should have been banned from the next couple of tournaments as a punishment. Her effort against Anisimova in Strasbourg bordered on tanking, and her subsequent matches have been lacklustre at best.
8. Simona Halep - quite happy to watch her play, but with the volume on mute. Her grunting has got completely out of hand this year.
9. Tereza Martincova - those awful scribbles pretending to be tattoos. Ugh!
10. Maketa Vondrousova - another who hasn't lived up to the hype, and who also has awful tattoos.

·
Registered
116 Posts
😍❤

1. Naomi Osaka
2. Muguruza
3. Swiatek
4. Kontaveit
5. Hernandez
6. Riske
7. Sabalenka
8. Podoroska
9. Garcia
10. Bouchard

🤬😡

1. Mladenovic
2. S Williams
3. Vekic
4. Stephens
5. Vandeweghe
6. Halep
7. Yastremtska
8. Bencic
9. Azarenka
10. Tormo

·
Registered
336 Posts
1. Wang Xinyu
2. Wang Xiyu
3. Hsieh Su-wei
4. Osaka Naomi
5. Wang Qiang

No like
1. Sevatsova Anastaija
2. Martic Petra
3. Mladenovic KiKi
4. Chan Yun-jan
5. Van Utiyvank Alison

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I love this thread. I like going through everyone's responses because it gives me a bit of an insight to how they respond on other threads - results, commentary, etc. It shows why they are commenting like that and other aspects. Nice insight. :)

Anyway, my list:
(y) Likes
  • Azarenka
  • Svitolina
  • Konta
  • V. Williams
  • S. Williams
  • Hsieh
  • Watson
  • Cornet
  • Andreescu
  • Swiatek
(n) Dislikes
  • Putintseva
  • Siegemund
  • Errani
Note: I don't really have anymore but just so my lists will count, the ones below - I don't particularly not like them as players but either an incident this year comes to mind that I might not have been for.
  • Osaka (Surprised myself she's on the list because I like her as a person but I am not generally a big fan of mixing politics directly with sports, especially when I'm too invested in the sport; it was a little disheartening.)
  • Mladenovic (I do get why her over-sharing can get a bit too much but I like her game and on-court personality.)
  • Ostapenko (I think she has gotten better but I still feel she's immature at times.)

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Who're your faves & who do you hate/dislike? | 2020 edition | Post your lists
JESUS H CHRIST!!! There’s someone on TF who can spell ‘faves’ correctly!! 👏👏👏

NOT favs 🤦‍♂️

61 - 80 of 137 Posts