Votes: 16 26.2%
  • They will both continue unabated until the end of time

Votes: 22 36.1%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought Jill might have retired or something since she wasn't in Pattaya but I noticed she's still going strong :hearts:

I can honestly imagine her and Ai Sugiyama doing battle till the end of time, can anyone actually see them retiring. Who's gonna go first?

Birth Date: July 4, 1974

Seasons on tour: 12 (But she played college for 6 years also)

High Rank: 39

Birth Date: July 5, 1975

Seasons on tour: 18

High Rank: 8

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
I love em both. I don't want to think about either of them retiring.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
I hope Ai is going to stick around longer because she adds so much to the tour. Just a few played of her personality caliber are left.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
Ai will never stop!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
wozniacki and cibulkova will retire before either of them does!

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I have been wishing Sugiyama to quit (singles) for at least 5 years now. For me she is one of the most boring players ever to be in Top 20. I think she will play another 3-4 years just to torture me. Sugiyama played now 60 Grand Slams (singles) in a row, and yet reach only 2 quarterfinals. If my dog would play in 60 straight Grand Slams, she would have not worse results than Sugiyama.

Craybas is okay, she broke through only 7-8 years ago, even though she is old its not like she has been around forever like Sugiyama.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
They will both play for a long time and then one day they will play a final match against each other after which they are going to both announce their retirements ;)

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,484 Posts
Retire? What? You mean these girls are going to eventually retire? :eek:

Seriously, they are both very fit. And they both love the game. I don't think either of them will retire until they literally are unable to keep playing. Ai will probably last longer because she also has her doubles career to fall back on and there is no reason at all she cannot remain a top doubles player into her late 30s. And if she does that, she might as well keep playing singles as long as she can maintain a place in the top 100.

I expect both girls to still be playing for at least a couple more years.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Jill, because Ai is one of the best doubles players in the world. I don't want Jill to retire though. What about Obziler and Schultz-McCarthy?

·
Registered
12,394 Posts
I think they'll both retire this year and I think Jill is more likely to retire 1st.

·
16,052 Posts
I don't think either of them will be retiring anytime soon, but Jill will probably retire first. Ai has her doubles career to fall back on.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Agree with the others, Ai isn't going anywhere soon. She's a top doubles player. And she has moderate results in singles. I haven't noticed Craybas for some time. I thought Mauresmo was the next to retire, but since Paris that is impossible :lol:.... Now I think Vaidisova will go away. She's playing like she has a ranking of 500...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts