Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Knizzle said:
I don't think both of the WS would have lost at the Open.
I wouldn't say that I'm glad that the Williams sister's are out.....but I would be happy to see someone else win. True....having the sisters at the slam would make things much more difficult for everyone else....but I am still looking forward to the tournament.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I wish my fellow Williams fans had more grace...shame....

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Well duh...

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
but it is true, they are only speaking from experince. the way the sisters have dominated the slams.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
This is sad in a way because the winner of this year's will be considered the winner "because the WS weren't there". But you never know. If whoever the winner is plays the 2 weeks of her life, who knows what could have happened if she had met a Williams. She may have beaten both. We will never know, and that's what's sad. It will become a permanent debate. Like saying that Steffi won all those slams only because Monica was out...

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Kim Clijsters will make her final payment to the witch doctor she hired tonight.

·
Registered
115,300 Posts
This is pro sports. There are injuries. In football, the center for Oakland couldn't play. So someone else lined up at center and played in the Super Bowl.
If someone is injured, someone else plays.
Happens in every sport.

Reactions: *JR* and Sonja

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
or maybe because Steffi or Martina N. or Monica or.... were not there.... they way they have dominated the slams... let me put it this way, WS are not in the same league

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
The women's portion of the USO will be all about the Williams sisters, no doubt about it and regardless of who wins, what will always be said is this:

(Place name here) won, but Venus nor Serena played.

That's a fact.

·
Registered
731 Posts
People only remember who wins in the end, not if people pulled out or not, so really it is immaterial. I hope Venus and Serena recover quickly, but injuries do happen, but you gotta get over it.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
lizchris said:
The women's portion of the USO will be all about the Williams sisters, no doubt about it and regardless of who wins, what will always be said is this:

(Place name here) won, but Venus nor Serena played.

That's a fact.
And it's sad...

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Knizzle said:
you can roll em till they pop out the sockets, but the WS absence will be the story of this tourney.
True, Knizzle. In fact it's going to be worth it to tune in to hear the commentators. I wonder how they are going to try and spin this into something great. After all certain people have almost made it a crusade to tear down the women's game and the WS in particular. It's gonna be very interesting.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CamilleVidann said:
I wish my fellow Williams fans had more grace...shame....
Shut the phuck up!! This is coming from Knizzle, not a Williams fan. No one needs you coming behind them and trying to pass your tired judgments on how someone else on this board should act. No one cares what you think about how they act, so you can keep it to yourself okay?? :yeah:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
lets not put an asterisk next to this year's usopen winner ..

there is no 'what would have been'

there is only what is going to be. and that is it.

players get hurt, players pull out. that is the game. they are not there, therefore another player wins. that is that.

you can't predict the future. you have no idea what would ahve happened if venus and serena both competed. they could have been on the same half of the draw for goodness sakes.

let this usopen winner win without pettiness, can we?

·
Banned
821 Posts
I'm really...this time officially ashamed of some of my fellow Williams fans.. I don't see why they can't get it over with and stop putting down other players. Even if it's true that the Champion of this year's U.S. open will hugely benefits from the sistaz' absense, why do you have to drum it up the way the starter of this thread does?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts