Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do support in matches? The high ranked seeds or the underdog?

I always support the underdrog, its great to see them on the verge of an upset, it gets so tense.

There is for me, however, one exception. When Moncia plays, whoever her opponent, I want Monica to win. ;)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I root for my favs.

But if it's like a match between to oppenents I could care less about, I always root for the underdog.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
It depends. Usually the higher ranked seed, because they will provide a higher quality final in the next round (or semifinal or whatever). But there are certain players who I root against, whether or not they are the favorite or not.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,530 Posts
Always my favs.(Venus, Monica, Lindsay, Jelena, and even Serena. (when she is not playing any of my other favs) Venus is my first priority though, the others have to take a back sit to her <evil grin> Other than that I always root for underdogs if this makes any sense :p

·
Registered
24,193 Posts
monica and usually the underdog. i don't really have many players i like nearly as much as monica, but i also root for venus, dani, and dokic.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I never root for the underdog...i usually tend to root for the favorites with some exceptions...no matter who Monica plays, i root for the other player! LOL.....but most of the time i go for the favorite...it makes for better matchups later in the event...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Besides rooting for Justine, I root for Amelie, Asians, Rubin, Elena, some pretty girls...mostly underdog in an important match

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I root my faves first and foremost, then work my way down the ladder. The ladder being: second faves, countrymen, drought-havers, newcomers and underdogs. If I see a newcomer that has upset in previous rounds, I root them on until they meet one of my faves, if they ever do.

Saying all of that, it may not seem that I'm a balanced fan but if you check the sig, you'll see. :D

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I don't understand why people root for the underdog. I admire people who've trained hard and are deservedly on top.

I believe in cheering for excellence. How unfair it is for a player to put in hours on end, only to be booed by the crowd just because some less talented player (who possibly hasn't worked as hard) is on the other side of the net.

That's her reward?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts