Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Peltchet is a speedskater (well, he had been an icehockeyplayer, and a shorttracker, but now he's a speedskater!), and he made an impossible move last night!

After skating like 80 or 90m (and really fast), he fell. But he stood immediately up, made a pirouette, and opened over the first 100m faster than many other guys who didn't fell! Of course he lost a lot of speed, so his end-time sucked, but it was a great action! You should have seen that!

The whole competition was kinda strange anyway. 5 people fell, including Peltchet and one of the big favourites: Jeremy Wotherspoon!
American Casey Fitzrandolph has the best papers now, with a 34.42 (only 0.10 above the world record!)
Hiroyasu Shimizu, the emperor, is 2nd, with 34.61
3th is Kip Carpenter (surprising!) in 34.67
4th is Dutch Gerard van Velde (in his 2nd skatinglife!) in 34.72 (new Dutch record)
Out of these guys, also the numbers 5, 6 and 7 have chances for medals.
It's gonna be exiting today!

Dutch people got revenge for Nagano 1998! Grunde Njos, who fell and swept Erben Wennemars with him, so that the last one had to miss the rest of the season (we all remember those images), fell again! And I can't help it, but I don't care

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
It was a great action but still I feel sorry for him, he gave up everything for this olympics.
Erben`s goal is to get the dutch record today, I hope he will get it, now a medal seems to be impossible:D

njos fell already for the third time, why do they even let him go after what happened in 98?

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Most athletes give up everything for that one moment of glory. Their next chance is 4 years away! A fall is very dramatic.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Irma, Erben won't get the record. He isn't a 500m skater. Plus, I hope Gerard can improve some, to get a medal!
Erben should have skated the 1500m, instead of Ids Postma!

Njos is mostly in Salt Lake to train with Sondral.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I know he isn`t but he said it was his goal yesterday
I hope van velde can get a medal too. always being 4th must be though.
so the noren only let him skate so that he can try to stop sondral`s rivals? nice:(

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irma, I know Erben said that, I watched it too ;)

Njos should better stop Sondral himself! I had 2 dreams before this Olympics where a Nore in appeared:
1. Njos fells (and is hurt like Erben was)
2. Sondral fells (he just deserves it. I don't like him at all, I'd even prefer Ids to win!)
1 came true, so 1 to go ;)

Go Gerard! :bounce:

·
***** Emeritus
42,897 Posts
I don't think you're fair to Njos. It's not like he deliberately swept Wennemars. And OMG for Wotherspoon :( I can't even imagine what that must feel like :eek: And o, I hope Van Velde goes up or down in the rankings (well up is better of course), but please not again 4th ;)

·
***** Emeritus
42,897 Posts
OMG NOOOOOOOOOO, not again!!! :sad: 4th in the first race, 4th in the second race and 4th overall on the 500 :sad: If it weren't so dramatic, it would be funny ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
It`s a curse!(but maybe on his last olympic race ever he will do better, remember Dan Jansen)

·
***** Emeritus
42,897 Posts
Let's hope so, let's really hope so! Go Van Velde!!!! But his 1000's weren't that good this year, or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
no they were worse as his 500 but in skating it`s always so close that anything can happen on a superday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts