Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANNA seems to be very confident and determined and also has the will to win the close matches.

After Monica was just able to squeek out a win against an aggressive Alexandra, this match seems to have the makings of a good and even a classic battle, with Monica, unfortunately coming out ahead of the Russian Rocket. :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Monica will sass Anna off the court ;) :eek:

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
I agree!! :) Anna may aswell not even play!!!!!! Joking!!! I thought Jelena would be playing instead of Anna!!!!! Im Upset!! :sad: ... But id rather Monica get to the Final as i dont want Anna to win!! I want anna to retire without a tournament win!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Come on Anna!!

I think Anna will win this game in two straight sets...Something like 6-4 7-5...And she will be in final against Martina Hingis and Martina will give the win for Anna....:bounce:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't think will need to guess who you don't like yoshie707..

BTW I hope Jelena...... oh never mind, might get banned if I say what I really feel...

The good news is that i will get to see this match on TV now..
Well not tomorrow, but next Saturday.. but it better than not seeing it all, I suppose..

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It should be really interesting.

Anna now seems to have the confidence and match tightness back.

I'd still pick Monica though!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I have read before that this surface plays like grass so when Anna plays well and Monica is not on her best then I think Anna has a change but after I say this you will see that Monica wins 6:1 6:1, that always happens when I predict something good for Anna!

·
8,263 Posts
As much as I want anna to get this title, (although being a Monica fan myself ;) ) I don't think she can get pass Monica, Monica is exactly the kind of player Anna have trouble beating: players who hit harder than her and more consistent than her and have a better serve than her. I hope this will be a close match to give anna much needed confidence, but I expect Monica setting up a classic clash against Martina again with a straight set win maybe something like 6-2 7-5 or something (Anna always start slowly which is starting to hurt her)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I think Anna has a real chance, judging byb her form of late.
Best of Luck to Anna, cos I really want her to win, and get to the final.

Of course, Monica's the favourite here, but I'm still hoping for a Spice Girls Final.

I hope this girl can get back up to the top ten ASAP, cos thats where she belongs.

Go Anna!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Whoa! ANNA vs. Monica

Congrats to Anna for getting this far! Its nice to see her improving her singles game.....also Martina for her win as well...Yes, Anna will REALLY have her hands full against Monica however the challenge is out there...so Good Luck Anna!! Prove all us doubters wrong (another challenge)!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
yoshie707 said:
I dont not like anna .......... i just like drama!! But lets face it ... Anna cannot produce Quality tennis at a consistant period of time ... like a week or two!!
Really??
Oh so making 18QF's 18 semis, 3 finals.. means you can not produce any consistent results?? sure she has not won an event..
But she is very consistent.. If you enore the results when making her comeback from injury.. where she had 5 first Rd defeats..

Plus I wouldn't say Jelena is the most consist player on the circuit either?? sure she won 3 tournaments last year, but how many first Rd defeats did she have??? 6

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I think Anna is in with a chance here. She's much fresher and more determined than Monica. She's in good form, likes this surface. Not that I'm necessarily picking her to win, but it should be close...

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I think Anna definitely has a chance. There's absolutely no pressure on her - she's already made the semis and defended her points, which no-one thought she'd do - and Monica's in good form, so a Monica win is expected. But Anna's been in pretty devastating form, and has been quietly impressive this year... GO ANNA!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Has anna been devastating??? I wouldn't call beating Elena in 2 tiebreaks devastating? Nor Kremer 4 and 2.

Good, yes. Very good? Yes, OK. But not devastating. She's still off her best, though I think momentum could - a big 'could' though - take her through against Monica.

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
i dont' have a good feeling for anna in this one...she has to be on a consistently solid form all throughout the match for her to win it against someone like monica. i think she CAN win against seles though....but she can't have her lapses....i think the winner will it 6-4, 7-5....i just hope it's anna

·
Registered
17,918 Posts
LOL @ ajayares -- I wouldn't brag about Anna having reached THREE Finals in 6 years on Tour! Sheesh, her record in any given year, even in her best year of 1998, is ONE final! :rolleyes:

(And PLEASE don't bring up Anna's injuries again to justify this bad record! Monica ALSO has been injured for extended periods almost every single year since her return to the game, including last year.)

More to the point, the head-to head favors Seles 4-1, with Anna winning only their very first meeting, at a time when Monica was terribly out of shape. Two of Monica's wins have been on carpet, including one her in Tokyo.

As I said with Alexandra, this fast surface favors Anna, but everything else favors Monica. :angel:

·
6,314 Posts
As much as I would like for Anna to do well and come through with the victory, I don't think that she will win tonight against Monica. I think that Monica will win the entire tournament. However, I'm happy for whatever player wins. Hmmm,... I predict 6-4 6-4 Seles. Let's go Anna!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts