Tennis Forum banner

Who will win the next match??

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE be honest!! The next time Justine faces either WS who would you put your money on to win the match?? I know some of us don't bet, but it's just hypothetical. Choose only two answers, one winner for a match between Justine and Venus, and one for Serena vs. Justine. Remember to be honest, your money is on it!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,012 Posts
i dont know if i'm biased.....but ive learnt never to bet against a Williams sister
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,268 Posts
Well if it's early on in either Williams sisters comeback you would have to say Justine. She's the match tight one and both Serena and Venus would be coming off injuries and personal problems, so for Justine's US title to not be attacked by certain people she would have to hope she would win. If Serena or Venus have had a couple of tournaments before squaring up to Henin I'd have to say thatI'd always go for the Williams win. Of course Justine is capable of beating both but I'd feel safer with my money on either Venus or Serena.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,012 Posts
MirjanaLfan said:
Well if it's early on in either Williams sisters comeback you would have to say Justine. She's the match tight one and both Serena and Venus would be coming off injuries and personal problems, so for Justine's US title to not be attacked by certain people she would have to hope she would win. If Serena or Venus have had a couple of tournaments before squaring up to Henin I'd have to say thatI'd always go for the Williams win. Of course Justine is capable of beating both but I'd feel safer with my money on either Venus or Serena.
you know what, that's a really good answer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
If it's either Serena or Venus' first tournament back and either meets Justine in the SF or F, I think Justine just might take that match, although if either Williams sister wears anything as scary as they wore for the MTV awards, they will just plain psyche Justine off the court before the first ball is hit! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
Never beat against a Williams....and not now that they are hearing all this Justine talk. That´s asking for a spanking! Remember Kim Clijsters?!

Venus spanked her, then Serena re-spanked her!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfajeffster said:
although if either Williams sister wears anything as scary as they wore for the MTV awards, they will just plain psyche Justine off the court before the first ball is hit! :lol:
Unnecessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
Depends...

First of all Serena is NOT Venus. I think - even though the record isn't alike - Justine has a better chance against Venus than against Serena. Yes, I know Justine has lost what? 7 matches in a row, to Venus? But still... I think she could beat Venus, probably in 3.

2nd of all, the surface. Justine on clay? Or WS on grass? BIG difference!

3rd of all, as said here before. How many matches have they played before this match? Venus hasn't played since W'don, so she's supposed to be rusty, while Justine is red hot right now...

I voted for: Serena bt. Justine & Justine bt. Venus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,216 Posts
Knizzle said:
Unnecessary.
Oh lighten up. We all know the Williams sisters are the two best players on the planet right now. Everyone on the tour knows that, too, and if they don't admit it, they're just delusional.

Unnecessary is wearing sneakers to a formal event. It's okay to laugh, I can't prove it, of course, but I'd bet Serena did it as a joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
bandabou said:
Never beat against a Williams....and not now that they are hearing all this Justine talk. That´s asking for a spanking! Remember Kim Clijsters?!

Venus spanked her, then Serena re-spanked her!
WHY - please tell me - WHY do you ALWAYS have to bring up Kim Clijsters? :confused:

It's so tiring to hear the same rubbish over & over again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alfajeffster said:
Oh lighten up. We all know the Williams sisters are the two best players on the planet right now. Everyone on the tour knows that, too, and if they don't admit it, they're just delusional.

Unnecessary is wearing sneakers to a formal event. It's okay to laugh, I can't prove it, of course, but I'd bet Serena did it as a joke.
Serena had knee surgery, I doubt she could walk the red carpet in heels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
bram_born84 said:
WHY - please tell me - WHY do you ALWAYS have to bring up Kim Clijsters? :confused:

It's so tiring to hear the same rubbish over & over again...
Just as an example...at beginning of the year it was Kim who was supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble, well we know what they did to her.

Now it´s Justine who´s supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bandabou said:
Just as an example...at beginning of the year it was Kim who was supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble, well we know what they did to her.

Now it´s Justine who´s supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble?!
I'm not saying anything about Bram because I don't know what he had to say about Clijsters earlier this year, but people on the board have abandoned Kim and passed the "torch" to Justine. I made a thread about it sometime back. Earlier this year it was Clijsters this and Clijsters that, but now that she has faltered and has been defeated by the WS and Justine on the biggest stage, and with Juju beating Serena and winning two slams, the torch has been passed and all of a sudden Juju should be #1 even though Clijsters has more points than her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
Knizzle said:
I'm not saying anything about Bram because I don't know what he had to say about Clijsters earlier this year, but people on the board have abandoned Kim and passed the "torch" to Justine. I made a thread about it sometime back. Earlier this year it was Clijsters this and Clijsters that, but now that she has faltered and has been defeated by the WS and Justine on the biggest stage, and with Juju beating Serena and winning two slams, the torch has been passed and all of a sudden Juju should be #1 even though Clijsters has more points than her.
Yeah, only thing Justine got on Kim is that she was able to beat a Williams at a GS....but that win quickly followed with a comprehensive defeat. Justine got her one win, but the road to a GS still goes through the Williamses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,026 Posts
bandabou said:
Just as an example...at beginning of the year it was Kim who was supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble, well we know what they did to her.

Now it´s Justine who´s supposed to make Serena and Venus tremble?!
Newsflash, bandy: Justine's not Kim; Kim's a choker, Justine's a used-to-be choker! :mad: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,640 Posts
:yawn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
JustineTime said:
Newsflash, bandy: Justine's not Kim; Kim's a choker, Justine's a used-to-be choker! :mad: :p
Yeah, that´s right...still ain´t at either sisters´s level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
bandabou said:
Yeah, only thing Justine got on Kim is that she was able to beat a Williams at a GS....but that win quickly followed with a comprehensive defeat. Justine got her one win, but the road to a GS still goes through the Williamses.
Justine won 2 slams, 1 by beating just Serena...

Just wanted to point that out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,533 Posts
bram_born84 said:
Justine won 2 slams, 1 by beating just Serena...

Just wanted to point that out.
That´s what I said...she got that on Kim. She took the next-step to eliteness...
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top