Tennis Forum banner

Who will win the 2nd rd. matchup at the French Open?

• Ashley Harkleroad

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Daniela Hantuchova

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for all the conspiracy theorists, Daniela drew Ashley as her potential second round opponent. You may remember Ashley as being the player who beat Daniela on the clay court of Charleston this year (their only meeting).

Since, Daniela has continued to play horrendously and Ashley has yet to find the form that got her to the semis.

Who do you believe will come on top at Roland Garros?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Ashely! Ra Ra Ra!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Ashley :D

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
yes Daniela has been playing unlike herself lately.. and their only meeting before was a devastating loss of Daniela.. but this time will be different!

Go Daniela! :bounce: :wavey:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Go Ashley! :hearts:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
selesfan said:
They both have to win their 1st round before they play each other.
Well, they both did. The rematch is imminent.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
ashley won too convingly last time, and no matter, it will be a tough mental hurdle for Dani to get over. However maybe if she were to win this match, it could put her back in some kind of form.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I voted for Daniela, even though I'm rooting for Ashley to take her out...I just think that Daniela will be able to step it up like she did today...

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
**Updated**

Well, 70 percent of you picked "Sparkleroad" and the odds were indeed with you. She beat Daniela in 3, but went promptly down to Magui Serna in the next round. Oh well. At least she picks up bonus points, climbs in rank and hopefully will do even better at Wimby.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
From this point on Dani will have to think twice everytime she plays Ash ;)

Too bad for Ash today that she ran out of gas, but she also played a tactically poor match but she will learn with experience to change her tactics and how to play to conserve energy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts