Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided that the tourney give them a heartfelt written and public apology along with some other schmoozing that's enough to get the sisters to return.

Serena always did well there winning the title twice. Venus didn't do so great (semifinalist in 2001), but I'm sure she would do just fine there. They seemed to like the tourney before they stopped going. As a fan I just think it's a shame for a tourney that big to be WS-less. :bigwave:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i'd like to see them there. i to think it is shame that such a big tournament in WS-less.

·
Banned
596 Posts
not me, dont wanna see them play "exhibition finals" anymore
4 times a year is enough for me:rolleyes:
i would rather see European white girls holding the trophy,
not trying to be a racist or anything:)

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
No, I don't want them back at Indian Wells. There AREN'T going to get a heartfelt "We're Sorry" from anyone so just do and Monica and never play anywhere close to that place again. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
As one who goes to Indian Wells every year, I would love to see Venus and Serena decide to play there again. I'm pretty sure that not playing their many people have missed them, and they'd probably receive applause for their return....however with people you just never know...I know I would cheer for them ;)

Returning would also be good for their ranking.

On another note, though, the way they were treated before, I definetly wouldn't be surprised or disagreeable if they decide never to return again. In the long run, their abscence will hurt the tournament and the people more than themselves.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Monsters said:
not trying to be a racist or anything:)

Too late on this point, Monster, but hey, why change now...???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts