Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since everyone is already on the "who will win" bandwagon when the year hasn't even started yet, I want to know who you think won't win the French Open this year?;)

I say nobody from France yet......sorry........or Cuba, Senegal, Portugal or Albania.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
One hundred and twenty-seven WTA players who will be entered in the draw.;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Lindsay - I love her dearly, but she won't win it.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
...and over six billion people on the planet, not to mention any extra-terrestrial life that might be out there in the universe.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Anyone British, unless Jennifer decides to do a Greg..... :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol

It is hard to say.

Big hitters have won it, so every single one has a chance.

It is all depends on their endurance.
Williams Sisters haven't had any success in France as well as the Australian, but the other big hitter, Jennifer has been able to pull the win, so.. it should be quite interesting.

As far as Martina..
She needs the lady of fortune ASAP!!!
She's looking great out there.. hopefully the luck is on her side so she can grab a title there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think that Lindsay or either of the Williams sisters will win the Frech Open. Please, to all Williams fans, I have nothing against them, I just do not believe that their game is the best for clay. I do think that Jennifer has a great chance to defend her title, and also that Martina will be hungry for a win. If I had to pick now, I would say one of these two girls, but it is so far away that it is impossible to tell what kind of form anyone will be in at the time.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Originally posted by Vanity:
Bright Red proves once again that he knows nothing about tennis.
I like you Vanity, and you're too smart to join my fan club. So you won't be added even though you constantly attack me for things I say about the players.

I must add though, that if you don't think the Williamses will win the French, then I might know ***Bright Red holds his index finger and thumb about 1 millimeter apart*** this much more than you about tennis.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Hey, this is based on facts. Those girls have done nothing to prove that they have a chance at the French Open. Neither have advanced past the quarterfinals. Venus has won clay court titles, but not Serena. Clay slows down their power and tests their patience. You have to think about the surface, Bright Red. I wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That may be true, Vanity. But Venus has won clay titles against good clay players. You must admit that. And Serena should have been in last year's FO semis. But she was sick.

I don't know if your position on this is that strong.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Now if my memory serves me right, Serena was suffering from an upset stomach during that match (I could be confusing it with the AO 2001). But I'm thinking she took Pepto-Bismol or something around the time of that match.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Isn't she always suffering an upset stomach? She's a hypochondriac remember? :rolleyes:

Those Williams excuses wear a bit thin after awhile....

Anyway this isn't a thread about Venus/Serena so I draw the line here.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
And I won't cross the line either, Vanity. I quite enjoy our little exchanges.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Serena complained of an upset stomach at the Wimbledon semis after Capriati staged a comeback, not the French open. At the French she wasn't injured, just seriously unfit (she has missed the entire clay court season) when compared to Capriati who outlasted her.

Who won't win the French open ?

Tim Henman (please) and Jelena Dokic.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts