obnoxious player, who won this year?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Greenout said:
I was just wondering. Every year at RG the local press
give out a sour lemon award to the most difficult/rude/
obnoxious player, who won this year?
I have no idea, sorry. The awards are just callous and rather pointless. What gives those media mongrels the right to judge who's sour or not?!?

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason Rios has been always
getting them.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Greenout said:
For some reason Rios has been always
getting them.
That particular remark he made about Women's tennis at last year's AO comes to mind....

·
Registered
98 Posts
The present is orange for Amelie - but not for Andy

Andy Roddick, the US sixth seed who failed to live up to his reputation with his first-round French Open loss to Armenian Sargis Sargsian, had the consolation of being awarded the 'lemon prize' for his 'strong character' and engaging personality.

The prize used to be handed to the player having the worst relations with the media - with Chilean Marcelo Rios a serial winner on that score.

The orange prize, for the player enjoying the most cordial relations with reporters, went to home favourite Amelie Mauresmo.

Rafael Nadal, Spain's 16-year-old star in the making but absent from Paris through injury, was deemed revelation of the year.

29 May, 2003. AFP

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
obviously, the Parisian crowd should be given this award. They deserve this and I believe they'll be unbeatable 'coz this is already their nature.:devil:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
BasicTennis :rolleyes: :wavey:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lindsay won the 'Orange Award' one year and I remember Yevgeny Kafelnikov getting the 'lemon' award

·
Registered
15,719 Posts
Didn't lleyton get this award one year and he did not know what it was about? One reporter said put it this way rios always wins these.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Journalists should get the Lemon Award every year for the rude and sometimes stupid questions they ask players. The question is usually more offensive and malicious than the answer. It's not what they ask, but what answers they expect when they ask them.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thanks for the link Maya! :D Thought I'd post the pic here too! ;)

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts