Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we all know the doubles draw has been posted by Dave in a prior thread. Now, who is going to win the 2nd Slam? Will Black and Huber complete the Career Slam? Will Medina Garrigues and Ruano Pascual repeat? Will the Williams Sisters collect the 2nd leg of the Calendar Slam? Will Mattek-Sands/Petrova, Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez, and Dechy/Santangelo continue their stellar play?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Hantuchova/Sugiyama I think have a great shot.
Before, they have reached the final, beating a then-really-in-form team of Yan/Zheng, and if it wasn't for a bad line call they may have very well won the event.
They had a good run in Rome a few weeks ago - really they are an amazing team on clay! I think they have an okay draw and a decent chance at winning this - if they can get over tough teams like Hsieh/Peng in 3R and Peschke/Raymond in QF !!

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
I hope Cara and Liezel!

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
It's really up to Black/Huber. If it wasn't for their recent dip in results I'd back them 100% for the title but seeing as they haven't been as good as their usual standard and that this is their weakest surface, it's more open than most other events they enter. I still put them as favourites though.

Stosur/Stubbs :D but im biased.....
That would be amazing :sobbing: I'd be happy with any of the top seeds winning, I like them all.

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
hsieh/peng. :p

·
Chip 'n Charge
13,691 Posts
so hard to say.

black/huber have not been too consistent, but then again they are #1
pesh/raymond they need to kick it up if they want to win. they need to play with more confidence.
amg/vrp very dangerous clay team, but haven't made any noise lately.
williams very powerful. probably will make it to the final. honestly, it doesn't matter what surface they are on, if they're on, they will thrash anyteam. unless, you get a tricky team that knows what to do to get around them. assuming they don't withdraw or retire.
stosur/stubbs may be they're time. who knows??
vives/sanchez very dangerous, don't know how they'll do in the big leagues though
mattek/petrova great results lately. can't count them out. ??
dechy/santagelo really great results but don't know how they'll do in the big leagues?? kinda unsteady against the bigger players.
CJ/sania also dangerous. hard hitting and tricky. but for some reason i see a lot of UE's coming (apparently im a fortune teller now)

so with all of these considerations, i conclude....

nothing. :eek:

Go Jill and Carly!! :rocker: :p surprise errbody!!
anything can happen, and it's really hard to tell.

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Has someone seen Stosur and Stubbs lately? Cos I have, and they are less muscular. I'd like to see them on court to see what it changes in their game. That's a really impressive change.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Nuriajo :rocker2:, though I don't really see them winning :sobbing:, hopefully QF again :kiss:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts