Tennis Forum banner

Who will win this year (2002) Ladies Single Champion at the FRENCH OPEN?

• Jelena DOKIC

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Venus WILLIAMS

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Monica SELES

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Martina HINGIS

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Justine HENIN

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Kim CLISJTERS

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Jennifer CAPRIATI

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Amelie MAURESMO

Votes: 8 7.3%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
Where is Serena?????!!!!!!!! :fiery:

Go Serena u're gonna win this!!!! :p :)

Reactions: Alejandrawrrr

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Its about time Martina wins this

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Venus, Momo or Serena!! :bounce: :bounce: :D

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Monica to reach the finals, if not win it!
She's red hot!
only Hingis, and maybe Serena seem capable of stopping her on clay at the moment:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I think this is going to be Kim's first slam!! :) :D :bounce:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Martina's 6th slam!!

i voted for martina to win this...so that she can prove that she can win the roland garros and make it her 6th slam title!
Good Luck Martina!Add one more title to your name!!! c'mon on!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Where the f*uck is Serena?

·
Registered
621 Posts
You must be either Russian or French, with a name like that ......

·
Registered
626 Posts
HMMM

Both the French (especially) and the AO seem like "survival of the fittest" .

Clay is the great equalizer and who wins RG really comes down to who wants it the most. Luck also seems to play a huge role in the outcome of this Slam - who draws who, who comes into the event at less than 100% and the weather. If it is hot and dry like last year, it helps the power players.

Anyone in the top ten could take this. Question is - who is mentally ready? Obviously folks who have already won a Slam have a great chance. Those who have won this Slam stand the best chance. That makes Capriati, Seles and Hingis the favs. Probably in that order. Then Venus, Lindsay & Serena. They know how to win a Slam just not at Roland Garros.

I could see Seles winning it, IF she does not draw Hingis. I know Jennifer could take Hingis out again. But, Hingis' junk ball would wear down Monica. Monica doesn't generate enough power to keep Martina running. However, I do think Monica would beat Jennifer here. This is where the draw factors in.

The danger for Lindsay, Serena and Venus is running into an ASV, Conchita, Coetzer or an up-n-commer like Hantuchova/ Bedanova early and either losing or being totally worn down by the match.

Next IN - Dokic, Clijsters, Mauresmo & Henin ~ in that order. This is based on their ability to close out big matches. In a slam they potentially have to do it three times in a row. I don't see it happening right now for any of them.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Martina of course...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
ARANTXA SANCHEZ-VICARIO!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts