Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Raducanu/Fernandez hype…. my Lord. They are not going to be winning majors consistently…. This is the WTA for god sake. These girls weren’t ready for this anyway…. it’s not going to stick. People are insane.
I sort of agree on the insane expactations, but I'm bullish on both of them because of their mental toughness. Sabalenka/Pliskova/Svitolina/Benicic/Sakkari were all 18 at one point and couldn't pull off a GS win, so there is something to be said about players who don't get intimidated facing top opponents.

·
Registered
629 Posts

AO Serena
RG Swiatek
WB Raducanu
USO Barty

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Tauson
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Osaka

AO Barty
RG Gauff
WB Jabeur
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fruhritova
WB Raducanu
USO Anisimova

AO Andreescu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

AO Fernandez
RG Noskova
WB Selekhmeteva
USO Raducanu

AO Montgomery
RG Fernandez
WB Kostyuk
USO Eala

AO Swiatek
RG Osorio Serrano
WB Wang Xin Yu
USO Kasintseva

AO Raducanu
RG Raducanu
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

There, predicted the next 10 years
No Ksenia Yefremova down to 2031? Beware of her fans!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think Barty will win one title. I really want Plishkova's victory, but perhaps her time has already passed.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Next season it will be interesting for me to follow the game of Osaka and the USO finalists. Will they be able to cope with the pressure and show great tennis.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
The Raducanu/Fernandez hype…. my Lord. They are not going to be winning majors consistently…. This is the WTA for god sake. These girls weren’t ready for this anyway…. it’s not going to stick. People are insane.
If Raducanu or Fernandez win a major next year, I will be more than happy to walk away from TF and tennis in general. Quote me.
This is WTA where the at that moment nr 150 and 75 in the world are playing the final

In atp the nr 1 and 2 in the world where playing the final

That is the difference in quality in ATP or WTA

It looks like a sweet fairytale but soon the princess will wake up out her fairytale and then we will see that everyone can win a GS as we have seen in the last 4 years.

Its almost impossible for both girls to repeat this

Yes of course both have the potential to win 15 GSs but to do that is a whole other story

Only Serena was mentally that strong and steffi and Everts before her but nobody can do that this days

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

AO Serena
RG Swiatek
WB Raducanu
USO Barty

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Tauson
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Osaka

AO Barty
RG Gauff
WB Jabeur
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fruhritova
WB Raducanu
USO Anisimova

AO Andreescu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

AO Fernandez
RG Noskova
WB Selekhmeteva
USO Raducanu

AO Montgomery
RG Fernandez
WB Kostyuk
USO Eala

AO Swiatek
RG Osorio Serrano
WB Wang Xin Yu
USO Kasintseva

AO Raducanu
RG Raducanu
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

There, predicted the next 10 years
thanks for predicting fernandez and eala winning multi slams between them. 😀 go 🇵🇭! your thoughts on who will win 2024 and 2028 olympic? and lol on raducanu sweeping the slams in 2031.

·
Registered
Kerber, Linette, Radwańska, Kuznetsova, Svitolina, Barty, Collins, Clijsters and Henin.
170 Posts
Marta Domachowska 🤭

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is WTA where the at that moment nr 150 and 75 in the world are playing the final

In atp the nr 1 and 2 in the world where playing the final

That is the difference in quality in ATP or WTA

It looks like a sweet fairytale but soon the princess will wake up out her fairytale and then we will see that everyone can win a GS as we have seen in the last 4 years.

Its almost impossible for both girls to repeat this

Yes of course both have the potential to win 15 GSs but to do that is a whole other story

Only Serena was mentally that strong and steffi and Everts before her but nobody can do that this days
what about martina navratilova

Reactions: ChrisR

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
aleks krunic to win all 4 next year

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will probably regret writing this, but I feel like 2022 we'll get some more normality in slam winners. I would guess:

AO - Barty/Sabalenka
FO - Swiatek
WIM - Barty/Sabalenka
USO - Andreescu/Gauff

·
Registered
130 Posts
I sort of agree on the insane expactations, but I'm bullish on both of them because of their mental toughness. Sabalenka/Pliskova/Svitolina/Benicic/Sakkari were all 18 at one point and couldn't pull off a GS win, so there is something to be said about players who don't get intimidated facing top opponents.
Clinging to the idea slam results mean anything in world where Barbora Krejcikova has won a slam seems foolhardy at best and down right naïve at worst. Even Osaka, the champion of the slams are the only tournaments that matter club, is coming apart at the seems as she has to deal with the fact it's not a good thing she's not half as consistent as she could be and she's the one it's most working for.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Clinging to the idea slam results mean anything in world where Barbora Krejcikova has won a slam seems foolhardy at best and down right naïve at worst.
I mean, Barbora would still be ranked #22 (ahead of Emma) even if you take away her French Open points, so it's not like she's some terrible player. The slams are different because players feel a lot more pressure since winning them impacts your legacy in the sport, so I don't think results there are meaningless. A lot of the top players now might not be around in the next 5-8 years, so someone is going to win those tournaments than happen four times a year. For that reason, I could see youngsters like Leylah and Emma winning some.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts