81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not sure they'll allow Gael play in WTA though...
Elina often uses her new name now. It's hardly en vogue among celebs nowadays, but she does.
However, you might be right in a sense. I mean that the probability that Elina wins a major on grass in not much higher than the chance that Gael gets a WTA membership.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Elina often uses her new name now. It's hardly en vogue among celebs nowadays, but she does.
I know, was just kidding... but if IIRC she asked to use her maiden name in all tennis related environments (like tournaments) as long as she's an active player.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
After giving this matter due consideration, my predictions are as follows:

AO: Damned if I know
FO: Damned if I know
WIM: Damned if I know
USO: Damned if I know

·
Registered
IGA SWIATEK // PAULA BADOSA // GARBINE MUGURUZA // PETRA KVITOVA // ONS JABEUR // CAMILA OSORIO
352 Posts
AO: Barty
RG: Swiatek
W: Potapova/Kostyuk
USO: Sabalenka

I think Sabalenka will win a Slam in 2022. Iga is my favorite and RG is where he has the most chances.
Barty will be crowned queen of Australia. At Wimbledon I'm seeing a Krejcikova-type surprise, someone like Potapova, Kostyuk or Samsonova.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
The Raducanu/Fernandez hype…. my Lord. They are not going to be winning majors consistently…. This is the WTA for god sake. These girls weren’t ready for this anyway…. it’s not going to stick. People are insane.
If Raducanu or Fernandez win a major next year, I will be more than happy to walk away from TF and tennis in general. Quote me.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I was going to predict ER to win, but the scale of the pressure is just going to be insane, and I think it'll take her 1 or 2 years to adjust to the additional demands required of you in that fortnight. So I'll probably pick her in 2022/2023.
For Wimbledon especially, Emma's best chances will be if the slams still take place in some sort of bubble environment to shield her a bit from the media.

·
Art & Futures
22,593 Posts

AO Serena
RG Swiatek
WB Raducanu
USO Barty

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Tauson
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Osaka

AO Barty
RG Gauff
WB Jabeur
USO Raducanu

AO Raducanu
RG Fruhritova
WB Raducanu
USO Anisimova

AO Andreescu
RG Fernandez
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

AO Fernandez
RG Noskova
WB Selekhmeteva
USO Raducanu

AO Montgomery
RG Fernandez
WB Kostyuk
USO Eala

AO Swiatek
RG Osorio Serrano
WB Wang Xin Yu
USO Kasintseva

AO Raducanu
RG Raducanu
WB Raducanu
USO Raducanu

There, predicted the next 10 years

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I don¨t understand betting, but do they think Naomi Osaka and garbine Muguruza has the same chance of winning next RG? Okey.
yes, not only that but they have those 2 the same price as Krejcikova, which is crazy imo, as when has Osaka ever done much on clay compared to Garbine and (very recently) Barbora?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
yes, not only that but they have those 2 the same price as Krejcikova, which is crazy imo, as when has Osaka ever done much on clay compared to Garbine and (very recently) Barbora?
Yes there are many questionable choices.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mean who would possibly dare predict this after 2021? AO and Wimbledon essentially went to plan and were won by the pre-tournament favorites, but then RG and USO......

If you look at the next 2 years, rather than 1 year, I would feel relatively good about betting on Sabalenka to win at least one of the 8. I also would feel good about betting on Ash to win another one (I think her Slam wins will continue to be on the natural surfaces, not hard). But idk. It's tough. Hard to bet against another run by Emma as well!

81 - 100 of 136 Posts