Tennis Forum banner

Who will win M.Hingis or F.Schiavone

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They played one time each other.
At the French Open in 2001 Martina won in two sets! :)
I hope she´ll win again!

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
martina will win but it's gonna be tough :)

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Martina in two. Schiavone just isnt aggressive enough or powerful enough to create issues.
This is a matchup Martina likes. She is gonna make Francesca work hard for every point and the tourni is on rebound ace.
Advantage Martina. Martina in two.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
I vote for Martina...but I think Francesca is going to be a tough opponent :scared:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i really had to think, but i can see schiavone pulling this win off. 6-4, 7-6(4)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Nice contest. Fran needs the points to close on Venus. Fran is on the edge of the top 10. Fran has got closer to Justine and Kim than almost anyone in recent matches. Fran hits harder and moves faster and is fitter if the Dubai leg wrapping isn't important. Martina made a good start. Martina is more consistent. Martina is playing like someone ranked 4-12 and just beat number 12. Both anticipate well and play tennis chess.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Martina...Could be close though

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Ooooh.

Difficult to pick. Schiavone has really improved since Bali 2005, and has been very consistent. I think she could pull off an upset of beating Martina, but then Martina is playing well too.

Not sure who will win here.

·
Andy!
12,576 Posts
Hard to tell, but i would say Hingis because of the results some years ago where she never had problems with Fran... but ok, she has improved a little :lol:

·
Banned
6,260 Posts
Txesca I guess... :scared: Martina losing to Shut-up-ova was :retard: Maybe she's not in that good shape :confused:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts