Tennis Forum banner

who will win?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A huge round 4 in the bottom half, who goes to the quarterfinals?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The winner of this will be the only remaining grand slam champion (and finalist) in the bottom half :eek:

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mugu appears to be playing slightly better but this doesn't mean much as this is a case of matchup for me. Except Slow-anne shows up, Stephens should take this in 2 sets.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Sloane in 2, Garbine (this Garbine) has nothing to hurt Stephens. just like last year with Camila maybe Sloane already played the toughest match of whole road to the final, I expect her to smash everyone left in her section.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I have no idea. Either could play great and either could play like crap. I hope they both play well and it's a fantastic match.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sloane will probably still be recovering from today’s match. :hysteric: She also doesn’t look relaxed this tournament. And Garbi probably wants to avenge her loss to Sloane in Miami. Yet I also feel this match is a real toss up. :lol:

·
Banned
36 Posts
I mean Garbs is goating out of nowhere and we know where this leads to normally. I know for sure she won't play bad, if Sloane can beat her anyways (like last year Halep in SF), I'm pretty sure it's a match Stephens won, and not Muguruza lost. Also kinda a difference if you're done after around an hour at 2, or playing nearly 3 hours, finishing at 7.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
If Mug is proactive and can get into the net she could eke out a win but I’m not overly optimistic

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
I don't even know.... Scone has played well in patches, and horrific in others... I would normally like this matchup for Scone, but I am not convinced of her form

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Who knows? Either can play GOAT tennis or be on a complete walkabout

Sloane’s fitness isn’t at its best level, so I don’t expect her to be able to pull out many more grueling matches.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I mean Garbs is goating out of nowhere and we know where this leads to normally. I know for sure she won't play bad, if Sloane can beat her anyways (like last year Halep in SF), I'm pretty sure it's a match Stephens won, and not Muguruza lost. Also kinda a difference if you're done after around an hour at 2, or playing nearly 3 hours, finishing at 7.
She is definitely not "goating". She is playing well for her recent standards, as she always does at this tournament. Have to echo other thoughts: its a toss up. They've only played two matches and in the first Stephens was MIA, the second Muguruza hit 35 UE in two sets. I would favor Stephens looking at the match up on this surface and I guess she'll win, but if Muguruza approaches the net as confidently as she did today it could be totally different story (as it always is when she sticks to the basic instinct of power grinding + net play).

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I hope it's a good match...but not too draining. I voted for Sloane to win but I would love if Garbine won. I'm just going to enjoy this.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I am very quietly optimistic that Garbine might sneak a win.

Can't see her getting past the rest of the bottom half to reach the final, though. For example she would be a major underdog vs. Martic or Vondrousova for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts