(13)Vondrousova v Zheng
Puig v Mertens
Gasparyan v Siniakova
(2)Pliskova v BYE

Reactions: Perun and PLP

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,036 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Barty plays this. Surely she is not entertaining thoughts of doing a Birmingham-Eastbourne-Wimbledon triple. That would be pretty audacious, but one assumes Ash is far too sensible to even contemplate such an indulgence.

Thing is Ash loves playing on grass so much she might just not be able to resist playing Eastbourne also....

It is worrying that Petra Kvitova isn't playing here and it is hard expect much from her at Wimbledon in these circumstances.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
No Petra :hysteric: :sobbing:

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
236 Posts
Semis to be Konta v Halep and Kontaveit v Plisk.
Match of the tournament to be R16 Goerges def Kerber.
Kontaveit champion.
I would like to see Kasatkina at least to Qfs!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Possible Halep - Hsieh R2 :dance:

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
Konta's quarter.. :sobbing:

Watson vs Cornet should be fun. Heather usually turns up for Eastbourne.

Giorgi vs Hsieh! What a total clash of styles that will be and on grass!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
So Giorgi is back? Won't withdraw after the draw? Good to see Sloane learned from last year. Serena :/

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hard to predict because players you'd fancy to win this event, Barty, Kerber and Bencic are still playing in their respective tournaments this week and could well pull out of this.

Sabalenka has points to defend, she badly needs wins on the board but I think she has a pretty decent draw.

Pliskova and Bertens, you don't know what to expect from them atm, they could easily win this event or suffer an early loss.

The winner of Konta vs Vekic could have a good run if Ash shows effects of tiredness or pulls out.

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Barty plays this. Surely she is not entertaining thoughts of doing a Birmingham-Eastbourne-Wimbledon triple. That would be pretty audacious, but one assumes Ash is far too sensible to even contemplate such an indulgence.

Thing is Ash loves playing on grass so much she might just not be able to resist playing Eastbourne also....

It is worrying that Petra Kvitova isn't playing here and it is hard expect much from her at Wimbledon in these circumstances.
I would have loved to see a Petra - Barty Wimbledon final but even if Petra is fit enough for Wimbledon, like you say, she probably won't do much without preparation. :sad:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts