1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
Vivi/Poli have lost all GS finals this year and will want a victory in here :D

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
I saw both yesterday semis, and I must say I was more impressed with Suarez/Ruano team. They are a machine. You can play better than them, you can play worse than them, their level of play was virtually unchanged for all yesterday's match, every second being on court the team really knows what to do.

Martina/Sveta team still has a long way to go before being considered a real team. Sveta is supposed to bring power to the mix, and she does that only episodically. Yesterday, at times they were machine-gunned by Casanova-Bartoli, and Sveta was not really trying to shut them up. And Martina, as she said it yesterday, is not the best form, of course it is not like she said ( and she said that she didn't play that badly for month or so ), but you could see that she is not always sharp. Few of her first serves didn't even hit the court. One of her first serve was even of kournikova-esque type shot served into the middle of her own half.

So, after watching semis, I don't see Navratilova-Kuznetsova winning it, but stranger things happened in tennis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts