Tennis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Kim try and back up her number one ranking with her first slam title, or crumble under the pressure?

Will justine allez!! her way to the title, I hope not. Freedom fries anyone?

Will Jennifer handle the pressure and step up and win on her home turf, or will the press mentioning the abscence of Venus and Serena be enough to rattle her?

Lindsay's last swan song?

Can Amelie put it together away from the pressure of the ruthless French crowds?

Go Lindsay, Cappy

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
hopefully kim and justine step it up and make the final. i would be cool cuz at the oz open it was a sista final, at the french it was a belgian final, at wimbledo, another sista final, and this is a great chance to see another belgian final. hopefully both girls make the final and kim wins.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's a silver trophy so it's a silver chance! ;)

Look for one of the Russians to make the semifinals! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
if kim doesn't win this slam it will be offcial that she is not that great of a player. personally if justine advances farther than kim, w/out a doubt justine should be considered number 1 more than kim should. and as of late, justine w/ serena/venus out the picture has been the "next best thing"

this slam is a "must win" for kim. if she doesn't she is really gonna get it more than what she got up to now.

and i was just thinking, venus and serena won the espy for best female athelte 3 years in a row, next year it will be hard for serena to accquire it! praying now! i want the sisters to just sweep this award over and over again!

i wonder if venus and serena will both just attend the VMA's now?

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,314 Posts
Karolina Sprem. She'll win this outta nowhere, you will all jump on her bandwagon, and she'll then be ranked #9.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Rocky, that's really low. Every girl in the top ten is attractive.

Anyway, I am pledging my bets on Justine. She really wants the slams and the top spot and with the way she has been playing in her last two tournaments no other player can touch her.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Monica Seles, realizing this is her last best chance to go far at a major, enters the U.S. Open draw with a heavily taped foot, and ends up beating Maria Sharapova in a final where they had to redirect the airplane traffic because of the noise! :lol:

·
Registered
17,939 Posts
These are the situations that truly separate the champions from the also-rans. CHAMPIONS relish these oopportunities and go after it with gusto. ALSO-RANS succumb to the increased attention and pressure.

WHO WILL BE OUR NEW CHAMPION? I say it will be one of the ladies who has already won a Slam. Because they have proven that they have the guts.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Monica Seles, realizing this is her last best chance to go far at a major, enters the U.S. Open draw with a heavily taped foot, and ends up beating Maria Sharapova in a final where they had to redirect the airplane traffic because of the noise! :lol:
uh---no nice try wasn't funnie :)

wasn't mean either, but defintely wasn't funnie :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,127 Posts
It would be nice if Lindsay could do it :D.

I suspect the winner will be either Kim or Justine though - unless Kim sorts out her issues playing grand slam finals against Justine quick, it'll be Justine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts