Tennis Forum banner

Choose 4 players

1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S.Williams, Halep, Sharapov have already qulified. Who else? It's gonna be very tough fight in Asia :)

Please choose 5 players ;)

UPDATED

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think
Kvitova
Pennetta
Kerber
Wozniacki
Radwanska

Very hope on Ana but she need to win Beijing or Wuhan and Luxembourg and also has a veryy deep run in Tokyo and Beijing or Wuhan

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*Choose 5 players in the poll ;)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Why 4? 5 spots left. I believe Kvitova and Safarova will be in. Not sure about the rest. Hopefully not Suarez Navarro. Probably Kerber, Pennetta and Bencic. The rest of the field are really inconsistent lately.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why 4? 5 spots left. I believe Kvitova and Safarova will be in. Not sure about the rest. Hopefully not Suarez Navarro. Probably Kerber, Pennetta and Bencic. The rest of the field are really inconsistent lately.
Yeah my mistake
I hope people will choose 5

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Kvitova
Safarova
Pennetta
Kerber
Bencic

·
Registered
40,085 Posts
The thing is whether Flavia will have a big letdown after this. I think nobody would say anything bad about it, and I kind of expect it... But then, others around her have not been in the best shape, too. I'd be happy if she can motivate herself for one more goal, the YEC, and go out on a high. She had a chance twice and couldn't take it, and it would be a fitting end for her. If not, then it will take nothing away from her win yesterday.

As for other players, I expect Kerber and Bencic to score big points. Not sure about Pliskova and Muguruza though. 3500 points should be enough to qualify, right?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Voted Kvitova, Safarova, Pennetta, Kerber and Muguruza, because somehow I think Bencic won't make it in the end. But I like Wozniacki's chances to qualify instead of Muguruza looking for the second time at the points distributed. Maybe Pliskova and Bencic can do it as alternates. Aga's season is practically over, I doubt she will chase the last spot at all.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Pennetta, Vinci, Errani, Schiavone and Rigatoni.

Reactions: Aggie_Ninja

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
Kerber would deserve it form-wise but players like Muguruza or Bencic can easily pass her with just a mediocre result at Hong Kong or Tokyo while Angie has to go deep in every upcoming tournament. Of course, it's possible but her participation probably isn't that likely like the poll suggests.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now we have 4 leaders in the poll
Who will be 5th?:)

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Kerber would deserve it form-wise but players like Muguruza or Bencic can easily pass her with just a mediocre result at Hong Kong or Tokyo while Angie has to go deep in every upcoming tournament. Of course, it's possible but her participation probably isn't that likely like the poll suggests.

In this form Kerber should be able to go deep in at least 1 tournament if she's not super unlucky with the draw. I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Don't forget WTA may give a wildcard for the 8th spot, and this could be reserved to Genie... for encouraging her :eek:h:

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
In this form Kerber should be able to go deep in at least 1 tournament if she's not super unlucky with the draw. I wouldn't worry too much.
It has to be a P5 or PM though. Her other best results are so packed that winning only one more premier won't help that much. Same for CSN and KaPlis (also Caro). While Garbine,Flav and Belinda (even Petra :lol:) could easily gain nearly all their points earned in the rest of the season and add them all in the race.

Tough to guess :lol: Mine would be Petra,Lucie,Garbine and Angie(/Flavia). Actually if CSN/KaPlis qualifies I'm still ok, they earned it by their consistency (somehow).

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
The thing is whether Flavia will have a big letdown after this. I think nobody would say anything bad about it, and I kind of expect it... But then, others around her have not been in the best shape, too. I'd be happy if she can motivate herself for one more goal, the YEC, and go out on a high. She had a chance twice and couldn't take it, and it would be a fitting end for her. If not, then it will take nothing away from her win yesterday.

As for other players, I expect Kerber and Bencic to score big points. Not sure about Pliskova and Muguruza though. 3500 points should be enough to qualify, right?[/QUOTE]
It's hard to say. In the past 5 years, the lowest-placed qualifiers were:

2010 - 3,935 - Vika (both Serena and Venus were ahead of her, but were injured)
2011 - 4,940 - Aggie
2012 - 4,726 - Li Na
2013 - 3,715 - Angie (Masha was injured, and Serena was a long way ahead of everyone else)
2014 - 4,045 - Woz

2015 seems to most resemble 2013, even down to Maria possibly being absent. The points awarded for losing at various stages of tournaments were reduced from 2014 onwards, so maybe 3,500 - 3,600 might do it this year.

A number of contenders have a problem, in that any points they earn in events other than Beijing will be offset by losing significant points from earlier tournaments: CSN, KaroP, Aga, Angie and Caro. Caro can at least pick up points in Wuhan without displacing anything else, as she effectively has only one scoring P5 so far. For the others, whatever they get in Wuhan might displace their 2nd best P5 into the "best other" category", where it will in turn displace something else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_WTA_Finals#Singles

Some of the total points on that table are out by 1 or 2, but that's not important. Just look at where their points are coming from.

EDIT:
It has to be a P5 or PM though. Her other best results are so packed that winning only one more premier won't help that much. Same for CSN and KaPlis (also Caro). While Garbine,Flav and Belinda (even Petra :lol:) could easily gain nearly all their points earned in the rest of the season and add them all in the race.

Tough to guess :lol: Mine would be Petra,Lucie,Garbine and Angie(/Flavia). Actually if CSN/KaPlis qualifies I'm still ok, they earned it by their consistency (somehow).
Exactly. :)

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Yes i meant obviously a P5 or Mandatory :)!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pennetta, Kvitova, Radwanska, Muguruza and Safarova.... Really anyone except Pliskova or Suarez Navarro...

1 - 20 of 359 Posts