then she will dominate

What do u guys think ? :confused:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
of those three ...
Clijsters has the game to dominate,
Jelena could too.

I don't think Henin will ever be able to dominate, but will obviously win stuff ...

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Jelena or Kim,they are really talented,even though I favor Jelena.So I guess I'll say Jelena will be the one to dominate in the next few years.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Interesting

For me it's between Kim and Jelena! I'd probably say Kim.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I think Kim is by far, she had a great year last year, a great Aus Open and I feel she could build on that to achive even greater things. I also think that she plays better than the others when it comes to playing the higher ranked players (Hingis, Davenport, Williams, Capriati) She has a great game and is more consistant than the others.
Annabel Croft commented that she thought that Kim was to be the most successful out of Henin, Dokic etc...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
IMHO I think Clijsters' results show that she will dominate more than those 2 others..

but.. if Jelena's body holds the whole season... watch out :eek:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Well, obviously I won't agree with anyone in this thread.

Jelena and Kim are good players, but the main component of their game is power, hit the ball as hard as you can.

Sure, they can overpower most players, but they can't do that against players like Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Jennifer or even Martina, the reason is that in the power department they are one step below the likes of Davenport or the Williams sisters, they won't beat them with power.

Now, what else they can do? IMO not much more, they can become more consistent, add some variety but they won't learn a whole new style.

You can see their results against the top players, in most of the cases, they were beaten easily, the exception is of course Jelena beating Monica in Paris and Kim beating Martina and Lindsay last year, but I am not saying the can't beat them, but they do have big trouble against them.

Justine on the other hand, has other weapons, in the power department she is behind Jelena and Kim, but has more variety, at the net, more shotmaking, she can mix up better and I think Rita Grande taught everyone a lesson about how to play a power player when you don't have power, Justine can do that, I don't think Kim or Jelena can.

Last year, Justine lost to Venus, Lindsay and Serena, but most of the matches were really close, this year she wasn't close but she is changing her serve.

The serve is her main weakness, but she can work on that, she got to the Wimbledon final serving under 50% which can be some sort of record, imagine if she can get that serve percentage to around 70%.

Mentally, at the moment, Kim and Jelena are stronger than Justine, no doubts about that, but the mental part is something you can work on and improve dramatically.

This year, at least the first part I think both Kim and Jelena will have better performances than Justine, but in the long term, I think it will be the other way around.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
JELENA!

or kim! i think both!

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Kim is just miles ahead of the other two.

Dokic has had hot tournaments, but hasn't proved herself at a major like Kim and Justine. And Justine is just far too mentally fragile to ever be a consistent threat.

Lately, though, Kim hasn't been impressing me that much. I thought she'd be a bit farther ahead of where she is by now.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Although I don't think Kim, Justine or Jelena will ever dominate the tour because of Venus, Martina, Jen etc... I think Kim will be the most dominant out of the three because she just has the best game of the three.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I hope it will be Justine

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Well , in over 5 years time will all of Jen , Hingis , Williams , Davenport , Seles , Capriati still be active for starters??...

Doubt any of them will dominate , but when their game's on they can match anyone and it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. You gotta remember theyre still teens and improving their games(ie Jelenas serve , Justines) and havent hit a plateu.
Henin is the most talented and a big area for improvement is the serve , but mentally weaker as lately her results havent been showing that...maybe down the track she could pass kim and jeca, that's what makes it soo interesting , the whole unpredictabilty of it....
I hope they all have great careers and pick up a few majors :)!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I'm not convinced that any of them will dominate the tour. For the reasons that Fingon stated, I think that Justine will do best of the three and win more slams, but she is very fragile physically and will probably have quite a lot of time out because of injuries. Also because of the way that she plays she has to be very intense and concentrated at all times in order to win, so in a way she's more liable to be upset in the early rounds of a tournament. Although, she is ironically more likely to get through matches against top power players than the other two.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Kim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts