Tennis Forum banner

Who Plays In SF?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
Which Na do you mean??? UE Na oe SuperNa??

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I think it'll be Na. SF, F, in her last two Oz's and a solid Hopman Cup + Sydney coming in. I don't see Kim finishing the tournament healthy - she'll pull out, or go down to Hantuchova in the 3R I think.

Caroline has a nice draw until the Quarters, but I think Na will be too much for her.
This reminds me of Stosur. 3rd upset from Medina Garrigues :tape:

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
The thing Id like to mention about Kim is that in her comeback she has become very good at changing up her tactics in order to maintain advantage or retake advantage in a match. I think that alot of her up and down victories have partially been caused by her retooling her tactics and coming back to win.

With that being said, Jankovic is incredibly similar to Kim in her gamestyle, but Jankovic has not shown enough mental conviction to make me believe she could beat a healthy Kim right now.

Li was beaten by Kim last year, and a large amount of that was Kim varying up the pace and hitting high bouncing shots to break up Li's momentum. I believe Kim understands what is needed to keep Li out of her "killing zone" where she clobbers everything right back at you with interest.

Hantuchova simply does not have the firepower or the aggressive mindset to overpower or take control of the rallys on a consistent basis from Kim.

So all In all I cant see any of her biggest problems in her half causing any real issue, barring Kim being unhealthy or insanely erratic.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts