Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Andreescu

Votes: 104 83.2%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
I think Emily Bouchard’s time as Canadian Endorsement Queen is done, now that Canada actually has a legitimate title contender.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
The hype is strong with this one :lol:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Genie will always be more beloved. Except for Romanians and her clan, who's rooting for Andreescu? Such an annoying attitude.
I went to a couple of bars for St Paddy's yesterday night (in Vancouver, Canada) and people had watched the match and were excited about her win. Plus the TVs were playing news about the final. So Canada is rooting for her too :)

The IW crowd was mostly rooting for her too over Angie.

The one with an annoying attitude is you.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Genie has no athletic abilities and she has two left feet with no tennis IQ
Her success depended only on taking the ball early and trying to paint the lines. It only worked when she was ultra confident and fearless, along with the opponents not having figured her out yet.
Bianca has so much more weapons and tennis IQ that there is no way she could ever live years of struggle unless it would be because of injuries.

·
Registered
54,079 Posts
Not needed Thread. We all know the answer :yawn:

Andreescu is a lot more consistent, moves better, a lot more athletic, has safer shots, a better serve and is mentally a lot stronger than Genie.

Bouchard has zero consistency, is one-dimensional, shaky not clean strokes, poor movement, messy serve and is mentally rather weak.

Genie had a rather short time where she peaked, excelled. When her shaky strokes often hit the line (I remember I was surprised how often they landed on the line). She also had nothing to lose back then. That also helped her to play her best, because she played without any pressure.

(At least Genie is A LOT more beautiful than Bibi. In beauty she wins.)

Reactions: danieln1

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
This. It doesn't matter what Brianna achieves on the court. Genie's off-court achievements will never be matched. Genie is just prettier and more marketable. When Sports Illustrated calls, they'll always want Genie on their cover. Genie will always be Canada's sweetheart, and that's a fucking fact.
She'll never match Kim Kardashian in net worth either, but we're comparing them in the capacity of tennis players, not as random magazine-cover sex symbols. Which you also would, if you were following the sport with just an ounce of intellectual rigour.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
She'll never match Kim Kardashian in net worth either, but we're comparing them in the capacity of tennis players, not as random magazine-cover sex symbols. Which you also would, if you were following the sport with just an ounce of intellectual rigour.
You know who you're responding to, right? That person makes even the most deluded users on here seem reasonable by contrast.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Genuinely concerned for most of the people on this thread/forum. Most of the people on here are just low lives who have never even picked up a racket, finding unnecessary ways to trash people they’ve never even met. Like, does this get old?

·
Banned
2,202 Posts
If we are talking career meaning "total $$$ earned", then I vote Genie. Endorsements matter. Ask Federer or Nishikori

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,167 Posts
To the OP:

:eek:h:

Dreescu for sure! ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Bouchard currently has the more illustrious career overall but there's a chance Andreescu could catch up to her if she builds more consistently on her successes than Genie has managed to do.

·
Registered
739 Posts
She got five votes. That's four more votes than I thought she would receive.
IMG 'helped' her with a few votes ?
Anyway, in the chicks' catewalk world Genie has the better career, but in the tennis world Bianca rules, here Genie is a passenger who eats bagels and chases WC's ...with the help from IMG.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts