Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
I live 5 km away from Filderstadt, and I think I will go there.
But only if IVETA and CLAUDiNE are there !!!!

· Banned
1,618 Posts
I´m hoping to go (probably Sunday/Monday, due to having to teach at school, I don´t think they will give me time off!!) but am clueless how best to get there, and where to stay. Could anybody please help me, or have any suggestions??

I´m in Giessen, so I can get to Frankfurt by train in about 45 minutes. But where to go from there...

Thanks!! :)

· Registered
123 Posts
You take the ICE from Frankfurt to Stuttgart.

In Stuttgart main station, take the S-Bahn to Filderstadt (35 min.).

From there you have several Bus opportunities to go to Plattenhardt, where the event takes place. Closest bus station would be Plattenhardt Driefbrunnen (5 mins to walk)

Or you take a taxi (10 Euro) from Filderstadt S-Bahn

Stuttgart-Plattenhardt is about 50 mins all together.

Best place to stay would be Schinderbuckel-Hotel at Filderstadt-Bonlanden or Stuttgart youth hostel (Stuttgart city).

Reactions: jonathan_crane

· Banned
1,618 Posts
Tweety said:
You have to go to Stuttgart from there :)
Hoopharry said:
You take the ICE from Frankfurt to Stuttgart.

In Stuttgart main station, take the S-Bahn to Filderstadt (35 min.).

From there you have several Bus opportunities to go to Plattenhardt, where the event takes place. Closest bus station would be Plattenhardt Driefbrunnen (5 mins to walk)

Or you take a taxi (10 Euro) from Filderstadt S-Bahn

Stuttgart-Plattenhardt is about 50 mins all together.

Best place to stay would be Schinderbuckel-Hotel at Filderstadt-Bonlanden or Stuttgart youth hostel (Stuttgart city).
Thanks you two, that´s a great help!! :)

I will phone the ticket office and enquire about tickets tomorrow...

· Banned
1,618 Posts
Well I just booked a room at the Schinderbuckel Hotel for 4 nights. It was a bit pricey for a humble student, but what the hell, I felt like treating myself. It´ll be nice to have a hot shower for once anyway... :bounce:

Anyway, I phoned up the ticket office, and they said it would be best to buy tickets on the day. So I will be there the first Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I´m quite excited now!! :D

I don´t know if anybody else knows, but where do the players stay?? Because it seems to be that the only hotels around in Filderstadt are the ones at the airport in Stuttgart, and the Schinderbuckel. Please tell me I could be sleeping in a room next to someone like Lina Krasnoroutskaya... :drool: ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.