Tennis Forum banner

Who will end up with more GS titles?!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is being asked on the site of the wtatour: Who will end up with more slams?!

Serena
Justine
Kim
Venus
Jennifer

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I can see no compelling reason to vote against Serena. She is already in the lead, and she is generally acknowledged as the dominant force in tennis. Justine has threatened her but I doubt she will surpass her slam total. The only way I can see others passing Serena are A) if Venus really gets her act together, or B) if Serena retires young.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MisterQ said:
I can see no compelling reason to vote against Serena. She is already in the lead, and she is generally acknowledged as the dominant force in tennis. Justine has threatened her but I doubt she will surpass her slam total. The only way I can see others passing Serena are A) if Venus really gets her act together, or B) if Serena retires young.
Haa, the funny thing is that more people actually voted for Justine, even though Serena leads her by a WHOPPING 4 slams!

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SerenaIsButch said:
It will take one whopping year to erase that lead.
And Serena not winning any! Ain´t happening!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
SerenaIsButch said:
It will take one whopping year to erase that lead.
That's true (in fact it's basically what happened to Venus in 2002).

But it assumes that Serena won't keep winning more slams herself...

Who knows --- it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
SerenaisButch!

Lol at that name. Sorry, but she obviously must be the Femme , because she is getting MO Dick than any of those WTA s.

Let's see Keyshawn Johnson, Boris Keyjole please, I don't think they would be hitting a butch broad.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I was surprised to see the lead Justine has over Serena in the poll. I don't think it is realistic considering how dominant Serena is on all surfaces and still very competitive on her weakest. Serena is only a year older than Justine and unless she stops playing altogether I don't see that happening. The pollers are also assuming that no other player will be rising to give justine challenge, Kim, Jen, and Venus will never win another slam.
There is only four slams a year. Over the next two years, Serena will definitely win some, Kim and Venus too and so will Justine.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Venus? Her Slam years have long past her. She is thanking the tennis Gods that she was there at the right time...the transition between Hingis' falling apart with injuries and the maturing of Serena/the Belgians.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
SerenaIsButch said:
Venus? Her Slam years have long past her. She is thanking the tennis Gods that she was there at the right time...the transition between Hingis' falling apart with injuries and the maturing of Serena/the Belgians.
:cuckoo:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Definately Serena...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Serena

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I firmly believe that Kim has the game to potentially win more Slams from this point forward than anyone in the group. But she is not going to win 6 more than Serena.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
disposablehero said:
I firmly believe that Kim has the game to potentially win more Slams from this point forward than anyone in the group. But she is not going to win 6 more than Serena.
Interesting.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Kim

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I'd have to go with the two players that have the best record of getting to grandslam finals in the last 10 slams. Anyway, Justine winning more than Serena or Venus is just wishful thinking. I doubt Justine will even make it past Venus.

·
Registered
18,823 Posts
let's see Serena's first GS was four years ago, Justine's first was this year. So give Justine four more years and we'll see if she has more than 6 because it took Serena 4 years to win her second after her first so we shall see.

And Justine already has 2. I think she can pretty much win RG for as long as she competes so there goes Venus's four single slams. And i think Justine can win Oz too because it's slower than both Wimbledon and US Open and she's already won one and made the final of the other. Hmmm

1 - 20 of 76 Posts