Tennis Forum banner

Mugs or Rad higher 2022 EOY Rankings?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both grand slam champions and suffering big point drops this year.

Muguruza
WTA Rank 12
Live Rank 12
Live Points 2875

Raducanu
WTA Rank 77
Live Rank 66
Live Points 856

I'll post some point drop details when I get home, unless someone wants to add these in the comments.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
If you want to predict their YE rankings, look no further than the Live Race:

#47 Garbine Muguruza, 923
#55 Emma Raducanu, 755

If Emma wins Seoul, she can overtake Muguruza with 925 points. As for who will finish higher? No idea. Emma seems to be picking up in form, but if Muguruza can go deep in Guadalajara...

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Muguruza is ahead in the Race at the moment (i.e. 2022 Year End ranking), and Raducanu has a chance to overtake her this week by winning the title in Seoul, which I think she will.

Both are scheduled to play one more 500-level event this year (Ostrava for Raducanu and San Diego for Muguruza) but if I'm not mistaken, Raducanu is not entered in Guadalajara (I believe she was ranked too low for direct entry?), while Muguruza is. So Muguruza has two tournaments left for the season to Raducanu's one.

While Muguruza has been dire this year, I can imagine her kicking on in Guadalajara based on the good memories of last year.

I'm guessing it'll be Muguruza, but not by much.

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Muguruza is ahead in the Race at the moment (i.e. 2022 Year End ranking), and Raducanu has a chance to overtake her this week by winning the title in Seoul, which I think she will.

Both are scheduled to play one more 500-level event this year (Ostrava for Raducanu and San Diego for Muguruza) but if I'm not mistaken, Raducanu is not entered in Guadalajara (I believe she was ranked too low for direct entry?), while Muguruza is. So Muguruza has two tournaments left for the season to Raducanu's one.

While Muguruza has been dire this year, I can imagine her kicking on in Guadalajara based on the good memories of last year.

I'm guessing it'll be Muguruza, but not by much.
Mexico will be interesting, Muguruza is proven there at least. I should think Emma would get a wildcard there if she's willing to play.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Emma is also playing Cluj, so its at least 2 tournaments. Maybe if she doesn’t go deep in Cluj she’ll ask for a WC for Guadalajara
Are you sure? I don't see her on the entry list here:

Entries

Seed* NameCurrent RankingEntry Ranking
1Barbora Krejcikova2626
2Irina-Camelia Begu4141
3Anastasia Potapova4545
4Anhelina Kalinina4747
5Anna Bondar5252
6Marta Kostyuk5454
7Jasmine Paolini5555
8Lucia Bronzetti5757
Sara Sorribes Tormo5858