Tennis Forum banner

Who will earn the most points from Wimbledon onwards in 2022 in "Live Race"?

• Swiatek

• Jabeur

• Gauff

• Pegula

• Sakkari

• Kasatkina

• Badosa

• Bencic

• Kudermetova

• Collins

• Andreescu

• Osaka

• Konteveit

• Ostapenko

• Haddad Maia

• Krejcikova

• Azarenka

• Other

• Sabalenka

• Halep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wimbledon starts next week....and with WTA foolishly not counting points....we will do so here. will keep a running tally for points from Wimbledon onwards, regular points will be awarded here for The Championships...fuck the WTA. The protocol here is that everyone starts from zero heading into Wimbledon and whoever gets the most points wins.....pretty straightforward. now, for the purposes of the Russian and Belarusian players who cannot earn points from Wimbledon....will arbitrarily award 50% of 2021 Wimbledon points to their score. So, Sabalenka gets half of her 780 points added to her tally., so Aryna has 390 "points" already in the bag. I will keep a tally and put up periodic totals for the poll choices. Used top 10 in live race rankings as options, plus a couple of "flyers".....but there will be a "other" choice in the poll.....specify your choice in the thread.

With Iga dominating right now, no point in wondering who will finish 2022 as year end #1....Iga has it in the bag. So, who do you like....see attached poll, and as always, don't be shy....tell me WHY. See attached poll. Cheers

·
Art & Futures
26,131 Posts
okay

Reactions: david_prentice

·
Registered
119,921 Posts
Swiatek should keep going. She played 6 different finalists and destroyed them all, and they all were lucky to draw in the other half
It could be some new faces at the YEC like Kasatkina and Gauff
But the big story in Wimbledon and after will be Swiatek until she starts losing

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding the points what’s happening with last years Wimbledon points, they dropping off or staying ? 50% off?
As of now dude....all 2021 points drop away, with zero points added for 2022. This thread will award "virtual points" for all players as usual....with 50% of the 2021 points earned counted for Russian and Belarusian players. This is just something I will do arbitrarily for this thread only....it is not reflective of what is happening in the real world.

The WTA/ATP are a bunch of assholes.

Reactions: Johnny0202

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,757 Posts
Wtf is this thread ? Exhibitions don't give points.

·
Registered
119,921 Posts
A bad loss at Wimbledon doesnt hurt this year. Badosa or Kontaveit can lose R1 and it doesnt matter. They have plenty of money, and couldnt gain points anyway
But it is a money scramble for the broke players who made the main draw
This will be different because a good run to the semis by someone like Raducanu, doesnt help her ranking

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wtf is this thread ? Exhibitions don't give points.
No one is asking you to participate Goat.....abstaining here is your choice, 100%. You gonna "abstain" from the the "Exhibition" of The Championships at Wimbledon as well? :unsure:

As I have said to you before, my naive young friend....talk is cheap. If you want credibility for your opposition to the AELTC's action, boycott the tourney, make no comments on the matches on this Forum....and to REALLY gain credibility, ask the mods for a self imposed ban for the duration of the tournament. Barring that.....shut your pie hole and take a walk.....at least with regards to this thread. :walk::walk:

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

·
Registered
Team Vika
46,757 Posts
No one is asking you to participate Goat.....abstaining here is your choice, 100%. You gonna "abstain" from the the "Exhibition" of The Championships at Wimbledon as well? :unsure:

As I have said to you before, my naive young friend....talk is cheap. If you want credibility for your opposition to the AELTC's action, boycott the tourney, make no comments on the matches on this Forum....and to REALLY gain credibility, ask the mods for a self imposed ban for the duration of the tournament. Barring that.....shut your pie hole and take a walk.....at least with regards to this thread. :walk::walk:
I watch exhibitions all the time :lol2: I don't pretend they're awarding WTA points. Talk about being in denial...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts