Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, I can't see Justine dominating on fast indoor courts, (although she should do well in Zurich), Kim is always great indoors, Jenn - in theory should be good but after last years dismal performances who knows? Venus always plays well, and her net skills should be a bonus, but in reality fast indoor courts should be Serena's best surface, so I expect her to do really well this year. :p

All in all, it should be an interesting last quarter of the season, last year it was pretty boring with most of the top players not at their peak.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nobody thought Juju could dominate the US Summer on hardcourt. But hey, look, she's unbeaten this summer :tape: I just want to say: never underestimate Justine. She is the one to beat right now.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Filip! said:
Nobody thought Juju could dominate the US Summer on hardcourt. But hey, look, she's unbeaten this summer :tape: I just want to say: never underestimate Justine. She is the one to beat right now.
Wanted to say the exact same thing ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Justine just can't play good on any surface: that's what some people think. They surely want to convince themselves.
Hardcourt was her worst surface. She won 3 tournaments in a row on hard, including US Open.
Now, indoors has become her worst surface.
Excuse-me, but I don't understand you ! Next year, if you continue this way, it'll probably be clay !!

·
Registered
731 Posts
rottweily said:
Wanted to say the exact same thing ;)
My thoughts exactly! Justine has always done well above aveage on the indoor surfaces, always doing well at Linz especially. She will certainly be the one to beat. BTW Justine only has 1 defeat (not counting her 1 retirement) in her last 39 matches!! Who will snap that and when, I don't see that coming anytime soon. She is having a long break now which is great I think, very sensible scheduling.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
you really can't count justine out of the indoor season at all. Kim will get her results too. I'm not sure we'll see venus ..
Jen cap will have a severe hangover from that semifinal match. I don't really see her getting it together till the year end champs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts