Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think will come throught the weakest quarter?

Anastasia Myskina RUS (7) vs. Henrieta Nagyova SVK
Stephanie Foretz FRA vs. Antonella Serra Zanetti ITA
Qualifier vs. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo ESP
Yoon Jeong Cho KOR vs. Magui Serna ESP (30)
Jelena Dokic YUG (22) vs. Emmanuelle Gagliardi SUI
Mary Pierce FRA vs. Katarina Srebotnik SLO
Tathiana Garbin ITA vs. Qualifier
Shinobu Asagoe JPN vs. Magdalena Maleeva BUL (10)

Myskina is obviously the weakest top 8 seed. Will she make it? And if she doesn't who will take her place?

Thoughts?

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a big chance for a lot of them isn't it?

Dokic could regain a lot of ground, and this is the type of draw made for Mary Pierce, who can just as easily flop in round 1 as go to the quarters.

Maleeva REALLY needs a good result here. Her ranking in the Race is 20 something.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I actually think Dokic will come through.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Reichen said:
Yoon-Jeong Cho, she made the 3rd Round last year, and pushed Monica Seles to three sets!! Remember that?
I can never forget that match . I suddenly went from relaxing on my couch to biting my nails in no time :(

You never know ! She just might do it

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Garbin, Nagyova, or Gagliardi.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I would say Anastasia, Magui, Jelena or Maggie all have a chance. If Magui can beat Anastasia then face Maggie, (whom she's just beaten in the last two straight tournaments), in the 4th round, she definately is in with a chance, on the other hand, she has a terrible record against Jelena, so I wouldn't fancy her chances against her. I'm guessing it'll be either Anastasia or Jelena, though I hope it'll be Magui. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.