Tennis Forum banner

Who has the best chance of being part of the future "Big 3"???

• Bianca Andreescu

Votes: 81 47.1%
  • Amanda Anisimova

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Ashleigh Barty

Votes: 45 26.2%
  • Belinda Bencic

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Cori Gauff

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Sofia Kenin

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • Karolina Muchova

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Elena Rybakina

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Aryna Sabalenka

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Iga Swiatek

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • Donna Vekic

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Marketa Vondrousova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dayana Yastemska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone not on the list

Votes: 22 12.8%
  • Naomi Osaka

Votes: 124 72.1%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question that I wanted people's opinions on...which 3 players do you think has the best chance of being the future BIG 3???...

I had trouble of trying to figure out what the cut off would be, but for the sake of this thread...I made the cut off age 25 meaning to qualify as "future", you need to be under the age 25...I feel like that cut off is just right because 25 is young enough that we have enough options where we know their potential and we've seen play, but also they still have quite a number of good years on tour potentially...i'm not suggesting there will be a big 3 that will dominate women's tennis in a year or so...just if it happens, who has the best chance...

PS: I've removed Ferro, Podoroska and Ostapenko because I don't think it's a stretch that almost no one will pick them...if you want to pick them, just click on "someone not on the list"...

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
I think Ash can eat Andresscu for breakfast and Kenin as well. You have a lot of great players with different games that are tough match ups for each other.

That’s exactly what we want and will make for an elite group to break away and battle each other.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
I think Ash can eat Andresscu for breakfast and Kenin as well. You have a lot of great players with different games that are tough match ups for each other.

That’s exactly what we want and will make for an elite group to break away and battle each other.
Yeah, we saw how she ate Kenin for breakfast at the AO.

·
Registered
117,742 Posts
There is no one consistent enough. A big 3 is a big 3 because they do it more than once every 6 months
There is a little 100, no big 3

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
PS: I've removed Ferro, Podoroska and Ostapenko because I don't think it's a stretch that almost no one will pick them...if you want to pick them, just click on "someone not on the list"...
And yet, you've put Vekic and Muchova . Coherence much. Whatever to Ferro and Podoroska, but Aljona has more slams than half of your list combined. What a random and arbitrary thread.

·
Premium Member
28,562 Posts
Big 3 + 2
  • Osaka
  • Barty
  • Andreescu

Kenin & Swiatek

(that would be great for the game if they could be a consistent top bunch battling out for all the slams over the next 5-10 years like the ATP Big 3-4)

Hopefully these 2 will join them as I think it will be good for the popularity of the game:
  • Anisimova
  • Gauff

(not yet convinced tho)

·
Registered
357 Posts
The WTA has had "Big 2" in the past (Evert-Navratilova, Graf-Seles) but never a true "Big 3". Having two players of GOAT caliber competing at the same era is already rare, having three is hugely unlikely.

It'd already be great if we could have two or more WTA champions that'd end between 5-10 slams in the current generation. Having three that'd hit at least 15 slams? Forget it.

PS: I know Seles' final count wasn't in these figures, but it's so obviously not her fault.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And yet, you've put Vekic and Muchova . Coherence much. Whatever to Ferro and Podoroska, but Aljona has more slams than half of your list combined. What a random and arbitrary thread.
The reason I put in Vekic and Muchova is because they have been playing well recently...decently well at least...Ostapenko hasn't been relevant for years and has fallen quite badly...I don't think at this point, anyone would pick her as one of their 3...

·
Registered
23,797 Posts
The three Katie's.....

In case you don't know, I am of course talking about
Katie Boulter
Katie Swan
Katy Dunne

They've just been waiting for Serena to retire, then they will become an unexpected unstoppable force on tour!o_Oo_Oo_O

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think it'll be the group of Barty, Andreescu, Swiatek, Osaka, and Kenin will be the favorites. I think Gauff needs more time to develop, Anisimova needs to work on her serve and mental game, Yastremska needs to retire, and Fruitova is coming.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts