·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Place your bets :eek:h:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
My guess would be Petra or Simona from the current top 10. Of course the top 10 changes every few weeks, so it may well be 'Other'.

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Simona Halep is my bet.

·
Registered
943 Posts
It won't be a top 10 player. Bianca tends to play to the level of her opponent and raises her game against serious opposition.

I can see her losing to a 40th or 50th ranked player. Someone who makes the MD of Slams but is not a threat to win anything. I can see it be a 1st or 2nd round match that Bianca just doesn't take seriously enough. She goes through the motions while her opponent plays out of their mind and trees the entire match.

That happens sometimes, and it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes the best players have off days and lose to scrubs.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Halep- Her idol (It's weird she says Simona is her idol but their games are different. In fact, I have never known Halep for variety).

Maybe Bencic but I see Bibi beating her again if she doesn't improve her mentality. She was playing her better game compared to Bibi in that SF and still lost in straight sets.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It won't be a top 10 player. Bianca tends to play to the level of her opponent and raises her game against serious opposition.

I can see her losing to a 40th or 50th ranked player. Someone who makes the MD of Slams but is not a threat to win anything. I can see it be a 1st or 2nd round match that Bianca just doesn't take seriously enough. She goes through the motions while her opponent plays out of their mind and trees the entire match.

That happens sometimes, and it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes the best players have off days and lose to scrubs.
You're not answering the question: I'm not asking what her next loss is.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Halep - maybe Bibi will get starstruck.

Pliskova -she does well in Premiers. If she happens to get a good serving day then Bibi (and most players) are toast.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,032 Posts

The next player to beat Andreescu might indeed not be a top 10 player. Granted.

But that doesn't answer the question. No matter how many non top 10 players beat Andreescu prior to her losing to her 1st top 10 player, it is inevitably only a matter of time before some player in the top 10 does defeat her. And that is what this poll is asking. Who will be the 1st top 10 player to defeat Andreescu. NOT who will be the next player to beat Andreescu.

The question is malformed.

Her next loss to a top 10 player will be a player who is not top 10 right now.
No it is not. It is a clear justifiable question and it is one that there will be an answer to at some point.

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
In Beijing or Shenzhen? Thank goodness you put the list of the current top 10, I couldn't name them from the top of my head.

Depending on the draw, Pliskova or Bencic

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Halep- Her idol (It's weird she says Simona is her idol but their games are different. In fact, I have never known Halep for variety).

Maybe Bencic but I see Bibi beating her again if she doesn't improve her mentality. She was playing her better game compared to Bibi in that SF and still lost in straight sets.
Simona isn't her only idol. From what I have seen in her interviews, she said her idols in tennis are Clijsters, Simona and the player she looks upto is Roger. So, I do think there is good amount of Clijsters influence in her game.. recently Wozniacki even said her gamestyle reminded bit of Kim's.

·
Registered
That Woman
4,554 Posts
I'm guessing Barty or Kvitova.

The question is malformed.

Her next loss to a top 10 player will be a player who is not top 10 right now.
You seem to be the only person who has an issue with the question. Think about why that might be.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Kenin when she reaches the top 10

·
Registered
943 Posts
No it is not. It is a clear justifiable question and it is one that there will be an answer to at some point.
No. There doesn't have to be.

Countless players enter and leave the top 10 all the time. Bianca could lose 50 matches next year but none of them to the current top 10.

I think the current 11-30 are more dangerous than the top 10, especially the younger players coming up. I can see Bianca losing to them a lot. But there is a reason why she is 8-0 against top 10 opponents.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts