Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 2014, every 2 years the Australian Open Champ has saved match points in the early rounds on their way to the title:

1) 2014: Li Na saves 1MP against Safarova in the 3R
2) 2016: Kerber Saves 1MP against Doi in 1R
3) 2018: Wozniacki Saves 2MP against Fett in 2R
4) 2020: ?????

Will the pattern remain intact, and who will be the champion saving MPs against who? Fun statistical patterns like this are fun to follow in Tennis, like Lisicki's streak at Wimbledon beating French Open champions.

My guess for fun: 2020 Australian Open: Svitolina def. Jabeur 3-6, 7-6, 6-1 in 1R saving 1MP on her way to her maiden slam title. Any more guesses for fun? Interesting fact, if Sharapova had won in 2015 she would have been another MP survivor, as she beat Panova in her 2R saving MP.

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
well. there's saving MPs and then there's trailing 1:5 15:40 in third set. dunno if such sorcery is to happen again soon, but in the end it's the weak shit that's called WTA these days... :shrug:

·
Registered
39 Posts
well. there's saving MPs and then there's trailing 1:5 15:40 in third set. dunno if such sorcery is to happen again soon, but in the end it's the weak shit that's called WTA these days... :shrug:
Dear wolf79,

It's simply the hand of God who wanted to punish all the Woz haters. For years, you were so obsessed
by Caro repeating like robots she will never win a Grand Slam, slamless n1 and blabla.

Why can't you follow the example of your avatar/idol Vika ? She sent a message of congratulations to
Wozniacki on twitter like so many legends or current players. For example, Rod Lever, Navratilova,
Conchita Martinez, Serena, Petra Kvitova, Ostapenko, Julia Görges etc etc.

God will also punish the Halep haters. It's only a matter of time she will win her first Grand Slam
as well.

For the AO 2020, Halep will be the winner after saving MPs en route to the final. Why not ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm not 99% sure it will be Lisicki :)

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
Bartoli? Just for trolling purposes.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
AO 1R Jankovic def Halep...2 mps.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jajaloo

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I don't know about 2020, but in 2032 it will be Veronika Afinogenova.

And she will have adorable bangs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts