Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16,775 Posts
Maria and Anna K. won't be eligible, they have not played Fed Cup. I think they will stick with the loyal Fed Cuppers Elenas B & D for sure, unless EB really takes a serious rankings dive again. Then the other(s) will depend on the ranking at the time the team will be chosen, and given the continual fluctuations in these players' rankings -- Nastya, where are you??? -- it could be ANYBODY. Nadia, Vera, Lina, Sveta, all have a GREAT chance if they continue their climbs. Tatiana Panova and Elena L? Very, very doubtful.

· Registered
16,775 Posts
Eggy, thanks for clearing that up for me. Of course it would not be fair to rule out players who made themselves available but were never chosen for the team due to so much great competition.

Still, I think those who have been chosen for the Fed Cup teams, or who are chosen later this year and also next year, will be the ones most likely to be sent.

I seriously doubt Safina or Sharapova would be chosen, as they are so young they will have many chances in the future, and they are well behind so many others in the rankings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.