Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which YOUNG players i.e. sharapova, safina, kuznetsova, harkleroad and anyone else?

plus which young players do you think will reach the top 100 for the first time in their career i.e. douchevina, groenefeld, kirilenko, strycova, golovin?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
Top 50
Safina
Sharapova
Sprem

Top 100
Anna-Lena
????
????

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
Kuznetsova and Harkleroad are already in the top 50.

Top 50:
Safina
Sharapova
Sprem
Bartoli

I dont think any of the players you mentioned will be top 100 by the years end, the only young player i think is most likely to is Jankovic.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Experimentee, i meant which ones would actually be in the top 50 at the end of the year, in other words for the ones already in the top 50 the question i'm asking is will they still be there at the end of the year?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Top 50
Ashley she doesnt have much to defend the rest of the year

Marion-her serve is the only thing keeping her out

Sveta? has two tournament wins/points to defend

Sharapova will probably make just by virtue of not having that much to defend...

Dinara...I hope she can firmly plan herself in the top 30 :)

Top 100
Anna-Lena :)..no one else looks promising right now

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
Oh if you meant that then i think Harkleroad and Kuznetsova will still be there. Sveta is too high in the top 50 to fall out i think, she'll do reasonably well and keep her top 50 spot. I dont think she'll defend all her points, but most of them.

·
Registered
197,293 Posts
Top 50
Safina
Sprem
Sharapova
Bartoli

top 100
A.L. Groenefeld
Hope Douchevina, Kirilenko. Unfortunately, both are playing too many clay tourneys, which is their worst surface. With a different schedule, it'd very possible for Douchevina/Kirilenko

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Daja said:
I really hope that Daja can get back to top 50 :)

Top 50:
Karolina Sprem
Tatiana Perebiynis
Dinara Safina
Marion Bartoli

Top 100:
Anna-Lena Groenefeld
Vera Douchevina
Maria Kirilenko
Barbora Strycova
Galina Voskoboeva
Me too!
Go Daja!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.