Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's the same turkey who said that Maria is the presence that women's tennis has been waiting for. Then today he says that Maria beat Serena when Serena was playing as well as she ever has.
He must be a fool.

Fortunately Mary Carillo cut that crap short and basically said that Serena has a lot of work to do. Anyone who knows Serena's game knows that she is nowhere NEAR playing as well as she has or can.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Yeah, I heard him too. I think his name is Jimmy Roberts or something. He's an idiot for saying that. Carillo almost swallowed her mike when he said that. She knew he was way off, but she didn't embarrass him on the air.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knizzle said:
Yeah, I heard him too. I think his name is Jimmy Roberts or something. He's an idiot for saying that. Carillo almost swallowed her mike when he said that. She knew he was way off, but she didn't embarrass him on the air.
That's one of the problems with the major networks. The seem to dig up these folks who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground when it comes to tennis. I'd have preferred Johnny Mac and Mary to this know nothing.:(

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
His name is Jimmy Roberts and while I didn't hear him say that, I think he is expressing a sentiment that most in the sprots world feel. For some reason, they were bothered most by the Williams sisters being on top of tennis world for the time they were (spring 2000-early summer 2003) and need an attractive blond to get intersted in tennis again.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lizchris said:
His name is Jimmy Roberts and while I didn't hear him say that, I think he is expressing a sentiment that most in the sprots world feel. For some reason, they were bothered most by the Williams sisters being on top of tennis world for the time they were (spring 2000-early summer 2003) and need an attractive blond to get intersted in tennis again.:rolleyes:
Exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it. :worship:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
BigTennisFan said:
Exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it. :worship:
I say what I think and I don't care who is bothered by it.

Just wait until the Accura Classic starts (which is supposedly Maria's next tournament). There will be more media attention and more men who don't know shit about teenis in the stands.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lizchris said:
I say what I think and I don't care who is bothered by it.

Just wait until the Accura Classic starts (which is supposedly Maria's next tournament). There will be more media attention and more men who don't know shit about teenis in the stands.
True dat. Anna K 2 has begun. :lol:

But to be fair, Marshar has a lot more tennis talent than Miss Never won a tournament.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,233 Posts
BigTennisFan said:
Anna2K :scared::retard: :lol:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
BigTennisFan said:

But to be fair, Marshar has a lot more tennis talent than Miss Never won a tournament.
I agree with that, but so far, of the top players she has played and beaten, she beat a person who coulm't more to save her life in a three setter (Lindsay) and a person who was playing her best, was off the tour for eight month and is only playing her sixth tournamen this year. It will be intersting to see if she can beat a Justine, Amelie, Jennifer or even a Venus (who I expect to get back to the top ten by the USO).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Maria sharapova WILL be a big deal for tennis. A 'glam' slam champion. she will generate outside interest. I guess that was the point, a "new" player with the potential star quality to attract interest from outside of regular fans

FYI the term 'gomer". Its a cynical medical phrase form a book called the house of god its an acronym for "Get Out of My Emergency Room". Its aplied unkindly to the old, confused, ill and generally hard to deal with.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arcus said:
Maria sharapova WILL be a big deal for tennis. A 'glam' slam champion. she will generate outside interest. I guess that was the point, a "new" player with the potential star quality to attract interest from outside of regular fans

FYI the term 'gomer". Its a cynical medical phrase form a book called the house of god its an acronym for "Get Out of My Emergency Room". Its aplied unkindly to the old, confused, ill and generally hard to deal with.
Actually, my dear Arcus, if you will notice I used the term "goomer", not "gomer".

Those who are fans of The Beverly Hillbillies (apparently you are not) will recognize this term as one that granny used for someone who just fell off of the turnip truck. Example: Jed. who's this goomer? :lol:

·
Registered
750 Posts
BigTennisFan said:
Actually, my dear Arcus, if you will notice I used the term "goomer", not "gomer".

Those who are fans of The Beverly Hillbillies (apparently you are not) will recognize this term as one that granny used for someone who just fell off of the turnip truck. Example: Jed. who's this goomer? :lol:
well pardonnez-moi!!
:) :) :)

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
LizChris, your stupidity and racism never fail to amaze me. Davenport played the match of her career post comeback, and Maria played the best I have ever seen her play to win that match. Serena had just beaten Amelie, only to be destroyed by a SUB-PAR Sharapova in the finals. But Maria is just another fluke, huh? It is only because she is white that you say this. If she were black, we would have a different story from you.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
mboyle said:
LizChris, your stupidity and racism never fail to amaze me. Davenport played the match of her career post comeback, and Maria played the best I have ever seen her play to win that match. Serena had just beaten Amelie, only to be destroyed by a SUB-PAR Sharapova in the finals. But Maria is just another fluke, huh? It is only because she is white that you say this. If she were black, we would have a different story from you.

YOUR stupdity and bigotry doesn't fail to amaze me, mainly because I know you are both stupid and a bigot (for those who don't know, this asshole said that Venus was number 10 in the championhsips race, even though the projected rankings have her at eight and I had to post it for him/her/it to see). Maria even admitted that the rain delays saved her because she said that Lindsay was playing so well that if not for the rain delays to retool her game, she might have lost.

I never said Maria was subpar; I said in another thread that Serena was outplayed by her, but let's get real about another thing; the absence of Justine and Kim (moreso Justine) was a major factor in her getting to the final (even the commentators admitted this, even thoguh they didn't want to). We don't know if Maria is a fluke or not, though this is her first non-Tier III titles, but we will see how she does in her next tournamet, which is supposed to be the Accura Classic, especially if most of the top players, who can play on the hardcourts as well or better than her, show up.

Oh, and 6-1, 6-4 isn't being destroyed, beating someone 6-1, 6-1 is. Ask Jennifer. Another thing, I never expected Serena, who won her first Slam at 17 and is black, to ever win any clay court titles or to win Wimbleon and I thought her Slam win was a fluke. I was proven wrong, although it took three years to do so.

As I said in the other post, check yourself before you wreck yourself becuase hos like you are bad for my heath:fiery: .

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
lizchris said:
a bigot (for those who don't know, this asshole said that Venus was number 10 in the championhsips race, even though the projected rankings have her at eight and I had to post it for him/her/it to see)
he is a bigot for this?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lee-Waters' Boy said:
he is a bigot for this?
I don't know if it is for this, but if you read trough his posts, he is definitely one.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
lmao serena was definitely not playing her best......but she wasnt playing 20% either

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
frenchvee said:
I don't know if it is for this, but if you read trough his posts, he is definitely one.
True dat. :(

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Lee-Waters' Boy said:
he is a bigot for this?
Not for this but for other things has said about the Williams sisters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts