• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serena was playing better in Australia. Even in her fourth round, every one said that she played so well, and I didn't see it.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Huh?

Rebound Ace != Clay. Serena looked better in Australia because she was getting aces left and right.

I think on an absolute scale, Serena was playing better at the AO but compared to other players, was better at the French.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Better at the AO.

·
Registered
115,300 Posts
Serena was down 16 35 to Nadia. She was 2 points from losing to Peer. Those kinds of efforts against Justine on red clay will get you wiped up.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
She hasnt played like the Aussie final since the Aussie final.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Besides the final, she wasn't that spectacular in Australia. That's what made her win so amazing she had to scratch and claw her way to the final, then when she got there she ripped Sharapova's heart out and made it seem effortless. The final was probably her greatest match ever. We can't expect that kind of form from her every day especially when facing Justine on clay.
Her form in the early rounds at RG was actually better than the early rounds in Oz (in earlier rounds her serve was great at important moments in Oz but I thought her groundies were better in Paris), but not good enough to take out Justine on clay.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yes she played better in the ao but you have to give her credit she was violated in paris :eek:

miami :wavey:
No way! The Aussie final Serena was 100000X better than the Serena that got demolished in the opening set of the Miami final.

Miami was a routine win for a normal Serena. Aussie was a devastating performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts