Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who thinks Monica has a multidimensional game, has good stamina & mental toughness?

...and thinks she can do damage on Grass. Lets hear you!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Yes to everything!!!!

·
Registered
25,256 Posts
yes, she has great skills, great courage and a never giving up attitude, although she may be less fierce than before because the stabbling took away so many from her, she still is a true fighter.

actually what is staima :confused: . Is it the engery and endurance :confused: I heard people saying that she lacks this thing :confused:? I think she may not be the best on this, she certainly got certain degree of it otherwise how could she beat Testud/Serena/Hingis in one row with tough matches and people must bear in mind her age as well, she is 28 and Hingis etc 21, Hingis etc of course got more engery than her, its normal.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
LOL! I do!:D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Stamina = Endurance. Monica has plenty.

·
Registered
116 Posts
me TOTALLY!!!!!

she has it all
and has proved it
i mean she is approaching 29 years of age and still beating players in the top ten 6 years younger faster and stronger!

she has proven herself and i think people should respect her as a great champion
regardless of whether they are fans or not

she deserves respect
some of the peeps in here arent showin monica any and it really gets me down

Peace

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Fugee, she may be approaching 29 years of age, but she is approaching it from 10 months away. :D

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I like Seles ALOT, but I so wish she would come to the damn net at times!! She imho would have beaten Hingis at OZ if she would of took those balls out of the air!! BUT Monica is a champion who should be feared still. Her game is still banging!! And she still has the best angles in the game.:)

·
Banned
692 Posts
Yep shes multy everything, Great game,

·
Registered
501 Posts
Of course she does! She's had good wins recently and just lost a few close matches, but Monica's still up there and it doesn't look like she's going away!:)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Monica has a great game, I've never denied that. Her ability to recuperate and regroup are legendary (call that stamina, if you will).

If the adjective multidimensional is elastic enough to encompass, the different dimensions of "thwack", I salute Monica Seles the Variety Queen (TM).

I do however think that in comparison, of all the Top Ten, she is #8 on the 'multi-faceted game' stakes.

It's all about compare and contrast for me. :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Yes! :bounce: :D

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
i agree!!!

that mental endurance is there for sure

but sometimes the mind is willing but the flesh is weak
physically, her stamina's not quite where it should be yet