Tennis Forum banner

Who should be Gold Exempt? Choose 4 Players.

• Dokic

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Coetzer

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Suarez

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Stevenson

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Pierce

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • Harkleroad

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Seles

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Shaughnessy

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Sharapova

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Kournikova

Votes: 25 33.8%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poll: Choose your 4 players for Gold Exempt Status.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Seles, Pierce, and Suarez. I don't know about the fourth spot.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,009 Posts
seles, pierce, coetzer, and suarez

·
Registered
511 Posts
what does gold exempt mean, can someone explain then ill pick

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
seles, sharapova, kournikova, harkleroad. seles being the veteren and the top player. harkleroad being the new up and coming beauty, sharapova being the new up and coming superstar and kournikova for known reasons. i definately think seles, sharapova and kournikova will pull in big crowds i'm not sure about harkleroad.

dokic is playing badly so she isn't a crowd puller at the moment and it may take her awhile to get back to top status, pierce has had ok slam results but still isn't back to the top level and i don't see the others ever being able to pull in big crowds (maybe stevenson but she's got to be heaps more consistent and when is that going to happen if ever?).

so i went seles, sharapova, kournikova and harkleroad.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Monica and Mary get it automatically.

Anna/Maria should get them from a marketing perspective, but neither is eligible as they weren't top 50 following the US Open (they MIGHT make an exeption for Maria as she's 52).

So: Monica, Mary, Amanda, Jelena.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Maggie&MomoFan said:
what does gold exempt mean, can someone explain then ill pick
I have no idea myself but it sounds good so I voted for Monica, Suarez, Pierce, and Sharapova.

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Pierce, Kournikova and Sharapova aren't eligible. You have to either be in the Top Fifty after the US Open, or have finished the prior year in the Top Ten. (As a former GS winner, I think Mary gets unlimited wild cards.)

Among the eligible, Seles, Stevenson, Dokic and Harkleroad.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Volcana said:
Pierce, Kournikova and Sharapova aren't eligible. You have to either be in the Top Fifty after the US Open, or have finished the prior year in the Top Ten. (As a former GS winner, I think Mary gets unlimited wild cards.)

Among the eligible, Seles, Stevenson, Dokic and Harkleroad.
It doesn't say have finished the prior year in the top 10. Of course you would like it to say that :rolleyes:

It actually says : or must have been ranked in the top 10 WTA singles rankings in prior year end rankings

I just wonder how we come to the conclusion that they are the same, wishful thinking perhaps..

So since it means any of the prior year end rankings, kournikova is indeed eligible.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts