Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
They did work well on the court, but surprising she would go back to someone she described as a nightmare off the court. I don't doubt that there's the potential for this to work well for a time but I just don't see how it can last long term when it is a relationship that has already expired.
When did she describe it as a nightmare off the court? In her book?
She briefly hinted that but she loved his work on court

·
Registered
254 Posts
Could the Maria announcement be coming tonight on ESPN. Darren Cahill tweeted out that they would have a breaking news announcement tonight on a player/coach. Could it be Maria? I don't know of anyone else that's looking for a coach, unless it's someone like Kyrgios with BG or something. I would assume it's probably one of the ESPN announcers involved or else why would they make a big deal to announce during their broadcast? Personally, I'm hoping it's Maria and it's Brad Gilbert, because i think he's a great coach, but I don't think this will happen.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Could the Maria announcement be coming tonight on ESPN. Darren Cahill tweeted out that they would have a breaking news announcement tonight on a player/coach. Could it be Maria? I don't know of anyone else that's looking for a coach, unless it's someone like Kyrgios with BG or something. I would assume it's probably one of the ESPN announcers involved or else why would they make a big deal to announce during their broadcast? Personally, I'm hoping it's Maria and it's Brad Gilbert, because i think he's a great coach, but I don't think this will happen.
ESPN was about Agassi not working with Djokovic anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
They did work well on the court, but surprising she would go back to someone she described as a nightmare off the court. I don't doubt that there's the potential for this to work well for a time but I just don't see how it can last long term when it is a relationship that has already expired.
Her situation is so different than it was last time she split from him though. I feel like she dumped him in 2013 because her game had stagnated and the losses to Serena were piling up. Nowadays I feel the 2013 version of Maria would be top 5 and contending for slams handily, so them not getting along great would be a small price to pay

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Her situation is so different than it was last time she split from him though. I feel like she dumped him in 2013 because her game had stagnated and the losses to Serena were piling up. Nowadays I feel the 2013 version of Maria would be top 5 and contending for slams handily, so them not getting along great would be a small price to pay
she's not the same Pova. And never will. Going back to the old is like a couple whose relationship run its curse trying to back up together because they can't move on and miss the old feeling. Just nostalgia. This is the same.

She won't start playing better because she will have back her coach of old who she fired the last time.Her problems are others and much more serious , not that she will ever face them .

Expect more of the same of what we saw in the last few months and other injuries. And art gallery visits since that's the way it goes now with her.

I don't know who is more lost in life, her or Djokovic. And as always happens in those cases, keep losing and digging your own grave.

·
Registered
367 Posts
she's not the same Pova. And never will. Going back to the old is like a couple whose relationship run its curse trying to back up together because they can't move on and miss the old feeling. Just nostalgia. This is the same.

She won't start playing better because she will have back her coach of old who she fired the last time.Her problems are others and much more serious , not that she will ever face them .

Expect more of the same of what we saw in the last few months and other injuries. And art gallery visits since that's the way it goes now with her.

I don't know who is more lost in life, her or Djokovic. And as always happens in those cases, keep losing and digging your own grave.
How are you not banned is a great mystery to me

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
How are you not banned is a great mystery to me
We kicked her out of the USA. A Trump supporter was explaining how his tax plan was so good, it had gotten rid of our national Debt, which was mostly caused by Obama.
She challenged the idea, suggesting it was not really true, and when she said the difference between Trump and God was that God does not think he is Trump, that was the straw that broke Ted Nugent's back.

Why she is allowed to say what she wants here, is a mystery to me, too.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
We kicked her out of the USA. A Trump supporter was explaining how his tax plan was so good, it had gotten rid of our national Debt, which was mostly caused by Obama.
She challenged the idea, suggesting it was not really true, and when she said the difference between Trump and God was that God does not think he is Trump, that was the straw that broke Ted Nugent's back.

Well, that's all demonstrably untrue, from you and your slathering trumpkin, alternative-fact people, but it's also not wildly pertinent.

Anyone mentioned Myskina as coach yet, they seem to have a relationship nowadays, and if she has a personal problem with Hoggy, she could easily just use him in training blocks, whilst have someone like Myskina as full-time coach.

·
Registered
613 Posts

Well that would be the first time I agreed with her on something.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I found an interesting blog by Robert Lansdorp. A little older but very interesting to learn about his point of view. Worth a read.

Here's the link: https://robertlansdorp.wordpress.com/page/3/

What he wrote about Maria's coaching situations:

https://robertlansdorp.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/sharapovas-coach-choices/

https://robertlansdorp.wordpress.com/2013/08/17/sharapovas-coach-choices-2/

Feb, 2014:

What another Connor’s – Sharapova debacle ? Groeneveld and Maria. Let’s see what happens in the next few months. So far NOTHING. No change in her serving or backhand. Her backhand used to be the best shot on the tour, now it is mediocre. Looking for good improvements Sven. Or you could be history.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IF she play Stuttgart, at least she has to give this week an update about her schedule and coach!
How longer it takes, how more I have my doubts.
Please is there anyone who already knows more?
I miss Maria!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Some of the signs in the photos were in German. Is Maria already in Germany?
She was in Malibu yesterday with all of her friends and Gilkes :) they celebrated her birthday earlier which means she will be in Germany around Thursday.

Wysłane z mojego F3211 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I wonder if her arm needed the rest. If it didn't, then I worry. This first round match, no matter who she plays, will be almost as important as the first match back last year.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
IF she play Stuttgart, at least she has to give this week an update about her schedule and coach!
How longer it takes, how more I have my doubts.
Please is there anyone who already knows more?
I miss Maria!

She doesn't need a coach for clay, she knows how to play on it, I reckon she might pick one up for the grass and hard courts as her results have been less than stunning on those for awhile.

People shouldn't be worrying about the lack of training pics, she did her hard training block, which lasted a good two weeks, hopefully she's at full fitness, and now is just resting for what, if things go well, could be a gruelling clay-court season. R&R may be what she needs now.

Or of course she could have a recurrence of her injury and no real plans to play, take your pic of scenarios, I'll decide to be optimistic for now.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts