Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Ok, it looks like she's working with Hoggy in Miami.
I really hope they'll reunite and be a team again. He was a great coach for her, no friendship and inspirational quotes, just work, work, work, work.

Wysłane z mojego F3211 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
What about - at least as a guest coach - Juan Carlos Ferrero ? She seems to have a lot of respect for him, and he won't complain about Masha's professionalism, that's for sure !

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Sumyk. Where is he actually?
I'm not sure that Maria needs someone who will make her grind out matches and rallies even more than she does now. She needs someone who will help bring back her lethal, accurate groundstrokes without toning down her aggression levels. Wim or Sascha would be great for her, but I seriously doubt that either partnership would ever happen.

Anabel could be great for the clay season, she worked wonders with Ostapenko last year.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Another failed experiment. Never going back to the past. They really can't think outside of the box, can they? Typical attitude of the elitist world she belongs with. Thank god in life this shit doesn't get rewarded and we move on.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
They did work well on the court, but surprising she would go back to someone she described as a nightmare off the court. I don't doubt that there's the potential for this to work well for a time but I just don't see how it can last long term when it is a relationship that has already expired.

·
Registered
566 Posts
They did work well on the court, but surprising she would go back to someone she described as a nightmare off the court. I don't doubt that there's the potential for this to work well for a time but I just don't see how it can last long term when it is a relationship that has already expired.
Many players did that before - Halep, Kerber - they have the same coach on and off; who knows how they are off court. Most importantly is that he can help her tennis career back on track. Sven got her back to the game last year to an acceptable ranking however unable to push her further. This is something Thomas had done with her and probably that’s she thinks she can do it again.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I Don’t mind hoggy,Maria became consistent first time since shoulder surgery with him but string of losses during that period to Guest & Lord still haunts me

·
Registered
613 Posts
When did she describe it as a nightmare off the court? In her book?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts