Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unbiasedly say Martina Hingis. Her placement and consistency was incredible to watch. And she played every shot 100% textbook perfection. And even though she was predominantly a baseliner her volleys were stunning. Everything about her game was graceful. I can't believe there has ever been a player in the history of mens or women's tennis who executed each shot more perfectly than MH.

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
Lindsay Lee Waters when she is playing her BEST tennis :D You don't want to "TEST THE WATERS" when her game is ON! She hits every shot like its a winner ( and they go in when she is playing well :D ). she has the greatest fighting spirit of any player on tour and makes the most amazing grunts that i have ever heard on a tennis court which makes it even more dramatic! :lol: ;) :kiss: :hearts:

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
Serena, sharapova, clijsters, Pierce and Graf back in her days of course

·
Registered
25 Posts
i'm a fan of variety and justine has far more variety than any other player right now, so jhh. she's very fluid, smooth with her strokes and movement, not jerky, like many players. she's the female federer.

i miss you justine. come back and reclaim your #1 spot! :worship:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I'd say definitely Hingis and Henin-Hardenne. I would say Momo too but I don't really find her entertaining with her loopy shots. With Hingis and Henin-Hardenne, they hit flat/semi flat shots along with variety such as coming to net, angles, slices, etc. Momo does all that too but I just don't like watching shots with so much topspin. So yea, most entertaining for me would be Hingis and Henin-Hardenne. And as much as I love Mary and Maria, I can't say that their games are all that fun to watch. Same with Venus and Serena and Lindsay. Pure power tennis is just too much, and whereas Myskina, as scrappy and quick as she is just fails to interest me. Although I must admit, pit her against anyone of the top players and you can get a fun and good match.

·
Registered
34,936 Posts
i like to watch davenport more than anyone else

no-body strikes cleaner winners better than her and has a very tidy game and is good at the net

her serve placement is good also

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
martinaHforever said:
I unbiasedly say Martina Hingis. Her placement and consistency was incredible to watch. And she played every shot 100% textbook perfection. And even though she was predominantly a baseliner her volleys were stunning. Everything about her game was graceful. I can't believe there has ever been a player in the history of mens or women's tennis who executed each shot more perfectly than MH.

Hingis was one of the more graceful players, no doubt.
But her 2-handed backhand was a huge liability in the grace department. Nothing beats a beautiful slice or topspin backhand. It's therefore that players like Graf, Sabby and even Novotna & Henin are ahead of Hingis gracewise.
That said, Hingis is the most elegant and graceful 2-handed backhander of all time (only Evert and MJ Fernandez come close).

Pity, that her character didn't match her on-court grace ...
(Well, I heard she had "matured" in the meantime. Maybe. I remember her from FO 99. That sealed it for me.)

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
kabuki said:
IMHO of current players, for sheer variety of shots, serves, groundstrokes, volleys, lobs, dropshots, angles, JHH.

:yeah:

(One of those rare Kabuki "intervalla lucida" ...)

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Serena Williams, Martina Hingis, Arantxa S-V, Steffi Graf, Venus,
Monica Seles, Lindsay... I like a lot of different players

I love watching matches between Williamses and Hingis,
1998 Sydney 2nd round Venus vs. Hingis is the best!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.