Who makes the Wimbledon final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts
#1 Barty :angel:

Or Serena or Kvitova (if they improve and stay healthy)

I hope not Konta :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I thought Serena looked better the last 2 sets. Serena/Barty is going to be very good if it happens

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's so going to be Kvitova :lol:

Everyone is sleeping on her and acting that she somehow doesn't have a chance because of her injury. This benefits her quite a bit as it relinquishes her of any pressure she would have otherwise had.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Kerber is out, so probably Bencic. Kvitova's arm might give out at any moment.

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Barty or Bencic I think.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Konta or Ash

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts
By now (R16), the top half is much more loaded than the bottom

top still has Barty, Kvitova, Serena

Pliskova is the only one in the bottom with grass pedigree, you can argue Halep also.

top also has Konta and Strycova and for what it's worth, Riske who is doing well on grass recently.

whereas bottom's next seed after Plis and Halep is Svitolina, who is not good on grass and has equalled her best performance here so far. Bottom has some potential future stars in Yastremska, Muchova, and Gauff, but they still have a bit to prove.

·
Registered
113,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I closed the poll after week 1 and people didnt believe in Serena. More thought Kerber would play Barty and more liked Kvitova. Now I think the Serena/Barty winner is the favorite

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts
Serena :worship:

Reactions: Absolute10

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Serena :worship:
In hindsight it's easy to say it was rather obvious that she'd be the one, but honestly none of us saw it coming, even more so who came out of the bottom half.

These are the only players who have consistently made at least one Grand Slam final for the last 3 years (Serena is I think up to 13 consecutive years, that's nuts), also the only players to make two Grand Slam finals last year. ALSO between both of them they've been in all of last year's Slam finals. So respecting tradition it was either this or the US Open, and it turns out it was this one after all. And it's only fitting that they would finally meet in a final here, where interestingly enough they also had their very first match 8 years ago in R2.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In hindsight it's easy to say it was rather obvious that she'd be the one, but honestly none of us saw it coming, even more so who came out of the bottom half.

These are the only players who have consistently made at least one Grand Slam final for the last 3 years (Serena is I think up to 13 consecutive years, that's nuts), also the only players to make two Grand Slam finals last year. ALSO between both of them they've been in all of last year's Slam finals. So respecting tradition it was either this or the US Open, and it turns out it was this one after all. And it's only fitting that they would finally meet in a final here, where interestingly enough they also had their very first match 8 years ago in R2.
Getting to slam finals in consecutive years, is that a record Serena holds alone at 13 years with men and women?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Getting to slam finals in consecutive years, is that a record Serena holds alone at 13 years with men and women?
Evert has 14, I think she is number 1 on that list. But Serena has a very good chance to match her next year and possibly even overtake her in 2021 if she's still as competitive as she is today.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts