Votes: 16 32.0%
  • None - they have more money than sense

Votes: 8 16.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Yeah Mariah is winning!!!!:):)

She's has the most talent, she writes, produces and she the best voice. And also has struggled much more than the rest, u go girl.

The big times are coming back!!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Out of the ones to choose from I chose Janet, even though I was a little disappointed by her last album. My fave Janet tracks are When I think of You, That's the way Love goes, Got 'til its Gone, and i get so Lonely.

Got til its gone is one of my fave videos ever!

Where is Chaka Khan, N'dea Davenport, Adeva, Caron Wheeler, Carleen and Jhelisa Anderson, Jocelyn Brown, Jill Scott, erykah Badu, and Angie Stone?!;) j/k

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
you know id go for Brandy any day!! (the singer, before anyone says anything!)

um, so mariah!!
she is wicked, totally cool and id like to met her just to say, i care what happens to you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go Mariah your on fire!!

Too bad things havent been going to well of late. Your fans still love ya!!

All your ballads make me cry you have a beautiful voice.
Stay away from that Eminem he is bad news

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
yeah i really like mariah's writing talent (although i know she always gets devoured by the critics) i personally think its beautiful and sincere.. she has a wide variety of sound r&b, pop, dance, and those beautiful ballads she can be so diverse and i love it..

looking in makes me so sad its pure emotion .. she is cleary an achieved vocalist and a sincere person.. one of the many reasons i love her :)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I agree with Tammy and Jess ur writing is so emotional, Petals and Can't Let Go r so poignant and sincere.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Out of the five Whitney by far outshines the rest in the vocal artistry department. Too bad she has been in an exile of sorts. Second, IMO, is Mariah. Girl can Sang! but her voice has been deteriorating. I started to like her better when she stopped imitating Whitney.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
i have seen whitney, mariah, and janet all in concert

imo-

mariah- my favorite, great vocals, she really interacted with the fans, she danced as well, put on some skits (maybe over done the whole skit thing) but overall i really enjoyed the show it showcased her talent..

janet- great concert, alot of dancing, (too many constume changes), did mostly her hits.. was enjoyable

whitney- decent show some great vocals but she stopped in the middle of some songs to get a drink of water.. and would take a few 10 mins breaks.. got annoying fast. but she is a great vocalist.

also to be fair i think j lo shouldn't be an option another voice more along the likes of celine dion should of have been included since she is an established artist with a strong voice.. j lo doesn't really have a vocal range she can only sing pop or dance with a beat.. i bet she doesn't sound too well ocapella..

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I respecvt Whitney and her incredible chart success, but I find her vocal gymnastics annoying when she sings live.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I totally agree with you Tammy although i havent had the pleasure of seeing them all in concert.

Whenever I have seen Mariah Carey sing live any of her ballads it really does touch you whereas whatever j-lo sings dosent give you that same feeling.

Whitney i think is great but shes a singer not a writer and thats the difference for me.

Janet is an all round performer.
As for Celine I forgot to add her, but I think she has a truly amazing voice.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Tammy girl I agree totally with u, and yes I do agree Eza Mariah's voice has got a little huskier over recent years. But unlike Whitney she has written and recorded all her songs excpet the covers.

Also what do u guys think constitues a Diva??

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Out of this list, I have to vote for Madonna because I think she offers the total package.

J.Lo and Janet are great dancers and entertainers, but they are the weakest vocally in the group. Whitney and Mariah are the best vocalists, but I find many of their songs boring and lacking any originality. Mariah's gotten a little too carried away sampling other artists, and it appears Janet is following suit.

And speaking of vocal acrobatics...I'm just glad Mariah no longer does those high-pitched dolphin mating calls -- it makes my ears bleed! (just a little joke :)...I know there are lots of Mariah fans here.)

I just don't feel that any of the above-mentioned have or will have the same impact on pop culture that Madonna has had.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
J-LO OF COURSE!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
WHERE THE HELL IS LAURYN HILL?

how can u have this kind of poll without the greatest diva!

Lauryn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!

she not only sings betta than any other diva, raps, produces, writes and arranges all her work unlike most of those on ur poll!

also she has a message in her music, she represents the truth and doesnt compromise her message!

all this and a mother to now 3 children!

LAURYN HILL IS THE BEST DIVA NOW AND FOREVER

do any of you out there agree?????

FUGEE?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts